Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

You know how in normal Go it often ends with just one or two captures? I don’t think this is going to be like that :sweat_smile:

I realized you need not two, but four eyes, to truly be alive. And each color must form a chain that touches all four of them. So any extra colors that get mixed in will be a disaster for your groups. At least…if groups are to live like in normal Go.

1 Like

Maybe I’m stupid… but why?

Round 2

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: E16 @Jon_Ko: E3 @Vsotvep: G17
White @yebellz: D17 @Feijoa: Q17 @terrific: –

New Position:

fractional_game2_03

Deadline for Round 3: 2021-11-16T11:00:00Z

Unfortunately terrific did not submit a move in time. Please mind the deadlines, they have no fixed schedule.
I changed red to green as a test, but this does not need to be permanent. Heck we could even introduce a “disco” colour that changes every round.

4 Likes

I vote that terrific should be allowed two moves next round just this once :slight_smile: (This suggestion is only meant seriously if other people are also in favour of it :p)

EDIT: Love the colours by the way!!

4 Likes

That’s a phrase that one doesn’t often hear.

Not stupid, but if you are surrounded with only three 1x1 eyes, and all three of your enemies attack the eyes, they can kill the whole group. On the other hand, maybe they’ll never even get close to surrounding your group without being killed off…

So @yebellz, you want some help in one of those corners?

5 Likes

But then I’d ask @terrific to openly announce at least one of those two moves here, so we can react to it.

6 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry… Missed the deadline because of decidophobia and procrastination, and I’m not checking the forum frequently these recent days… I’ll be more mindful and submit a move as quickly as possible next time.

3 Likes

I vote for this too.

3 Likes

I have no idea what I’m doing by the way…

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems everyone in the team black approves so I’ll make two moves in this round. And let’s go with Jon_Ko’s proposal that I publicly anounce them, in order to be fair, since I already know the moves in round 2.

Here are my moves: C3, C5

4 Likes

Awesome! :slight_smile: Would have been a shame if team white had remained at a disadvantage because of an early accident.

2 Likes

“Obvious” (?) next moves I’m pondering for myself are D16 and Q5. Possibly H4? D6? Q3?

1 Like

Ok but lets not make this a habit please.

4 Likes

I’m going to reinforce my stone in the lower left corner and then I’d like to have the option to come back to the lower right. So I like your “obvious” moves more than the “possible” ones :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Casually implying that White is already behind :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve submitted D16, let me know anyone if you’d like me to play elsewhere.

2 Likes

Round 3

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: D16 @Jon_Ko: H3 @Vsotvep: O17
White @yebellz: C15 @Feijoa: P17 @terrific: C3, C5

New Position:

fractional_game2_04

Deadline for Round 4:
2021-11-17T23:00:00Z

I wonder when we’ll have the first collision ^^

4 Likes

I’d like to play at C16 and avoid colliding there.

2 Likes

I think, however, that Black should play C16, it’s evidently better for Black if there’s a Black stone there.

I’ll play O16.

I’m wondering how you came to that conclusion, I’ve thougth about it for some minutes and changed my mind almost a dozen times :sweat_smile:. But I think you’re right, as white would get some decent points, if it was just a white+blue stone at C16. Making it black+white+blue should reduce the corner.

1 Like