Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

@Maharani, @Vsotvep, if you want my help somewhere, just tell me.

2 Likes

Looks like thatā€™s under control so Iā€™ll kill the blue stone.

2 Likes

Wait, @yebellz @Feijoa we probably need to rethink our moves.

Well, it seems we end up with a similiar position if playing differently. So maybe letā€™s not bother and see what happens next round.

3 Likes

Occupying neutral points in what otherwise would be considered dame as a good strategy, it kind of saves them for later when I or @Maharani have time to play dame (as I think we should at the moment probably focus on connecting and expanding).

Another idea may be to remove eyespace from the Pink group in the lower right, perhaps we can get to some kind of ā€œinverse sekiā€ position (mutually dead) with the green group next to it, and itā€™s not certain then which group will survive longer.

1 Like

Please elaborateā€¦?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the green stones at the bottom do not have the four eyes required to be alive, but neither does the pink group yet. I donā€™t know which of the two will be captured first, or if the pink group will be able to make 4 eyes, but we should aim for capturing the pink stones.

Especially if we manage to connect the Blue-Black chain in such a way that the Blue-White chain becomes cut off from the left side.

I meant ā€œmutually deadā€ in the sense that mutual life / seki is a situation where two opposing groups are only alive because the other group cannot capture it without being captured first. Mutually dead would be two groups that are both dead, unless the other group is captured first.

1 Like

Like both groups being captured at the same time? Thatā€™s the only way I can think of a mutual death.

For example. You could also see it as a seki, but seki doesnā€™t really exist in a game with simultaneous moves.

Anyway, itā€™s not the terminology thatā€™s the main point, I think the pink group is killable, thatā€™s what I wanted to point out.

1 Like

Round 83

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: N6 @Jon_Ko: R1 @Vsotvep: Q4
White @yebellz: N6 @Feijoa: N6 @terrific: P6

Feijoa, Maharani and yebellz collide at N6. No chains are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round84

Check-in Time for Round 84: 2022-06-01T17:00:00Z

4 Likes

@yebellz, when the green chain dies, letā€™s play N6 and N7 and try to trick them so that Blue-Black collides with my stone and yours gets to live.

For now Iā€™ll work on killing Black chains on the bottom.

Also @martin3141 itā€™s really Round 84.

3 Likes

Right, thank you! I edited the post accordingly.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll reduce the liberties of the black chain as well. There are 8 moves we can play. To avoid collision, Iā€™ll play one of the 4 candidate moves: F3, F4, L1, L2

Actually, green L2 seems good. Iā€™ll leave that move to you. Also, letā€™s leave 2 or 3 liberty reducing moves to @yebellz , since I am not seeing anything emergent blue.

2 Likes

Currently there is no round 82 and it says ā€œRound 83ā€ twice, so I think the first round 83 actually is round 82.

3 Likes

Yes that makes a lot of sense!

5 Likes

Finally all the time Iā€™ve spent studying is really paying off. :smile:

4 Likes

Round 84

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: R7 @Jon_Ko: L1 @Vsotvep: T3
White @yebellz: J4 @Feijoa: J4 @terrific: T2

yebellz and Feijoa collide at J4. Placing all stones ā€¦

ā€¦ T3 is removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round84_2

Check-in Time for Round 85: 2022-06-03T20:00:00Z

3 Likes

White being efficient again :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll attack the bottom group. Specifically, at J3.

@yebellz has not submitted a move yet. Next reminder: 2022-06-04T20:00:00Z

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay, everyone

1 Like