Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Anyone see anything interesting for me to do? If not I’ll go clean up some black stones or fill the ko at H1.

1 Like

If this is a standoff, in two rounds we could kill another green dragon and hope to stop the black invasion during the resulting chaos.

Round 90

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: R6 @Jon_Ko: H1 @Vsotvep: M1
White @yebellz: N5 @Feijoa: H1 @terrific: K7

Jon_Ko and Feijoa collide at H1. Placing all stones …

… H1 and the green chain connected to N6 get removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round90_2

Check-in Time for Round 91: 2022-06-15T20:00:00Z

This endgame is fascinating :smiley:

5 Likes

Do we need to discuss N6 / N7 again?

Even if we manage to kill pink, it’s not certain that we can survive as Black at the bottom while being disconnected.

I’ll try playing H1 again while they are distracted with that.

1 Like

What do you recommend?

Yeah, let’s not risk getting disconnected. If you want to play N6, please tell us, otherwise I’ll play it again.

I believe my colour is currently more suited for playing at the bottom than green is, considering green can only remove their own liberties at this moment.

2 Likes

I’ll play N7.

Sorry for the delay. @terrific has not submitted yet. Next reminder: 2022-06-17T06:00:00Z

1 Like

Round 91

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: N7 @Jon_Ko: N6 @Vsotvep: T1
White @yebellz: N6 @Feijoa: N7 @terrific: N7

This round N7 and N6 were very popular! After placing all stones …

… N7 is our first stone with all colours! Unfortunately it gets immediately removed, alongside N6. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round91_2

Check-in Time for Round 92: 2022-06-18T10:00:00Z

This round almost resulted in a positional repetition :astonished:

4 Likes

Wow, the ways this round could go.

3 Likes

I’ll play N7

I’m not sure if capturing pink is advantageous if it also results in the blue stones being disconnected. We can still gain enough territory with the pink stones living and the green group dying, but we can’t get enough if we lose all our access to the bottom.

So N6 / N7 stays priority, I think.

3 Likes

Yes. And being disconnected is not even the worse that could happen.

So, which one of us two plays N6? I’m okay with it either way.

1 Like

You again?

Another option is to aim for a board repetition. I think we may be currently in a position that favours Black, since most of White’s larger areas are “blocked” by some lone stones. Perhaps we should both play N6?

If not N6, I have an idea for one of my moves.

1 Like

If we both play N6, we shouldn’t tell team white about it.

So, I have a different idea for my move too. But if I think what you think and I’m reading this correctly, you should play your move and I should play N6. Do you think you think what I think? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s dangerous if neither of us plays N6, so now I’m not sure if I’m thinking what you’re thinking…

Yes, I totally agree, at least one of us should play N6 and we should agree on the one who plays it. The other one can play something else then or play N6 too to enable a repetition. Although personally I’d rather play somewhere else than use two stones for N6.

@terrific not sure what they are planning but would you like me to clear out the Black-Pink invaders?

2 Likes