Greetings, OGS people! We are starting to reorganize Sitewide Tournaments for all of you to join freely. In this post you have all the info you’ll need about them, and it’s going to be updated if needed.
- All Tournaments are without handicap and, of course, open.
- All Tournaments follow Japanese rules.
- All Correspondence Tournaments have analysis enabled.
- All Live Tournaments have analysis disabled.
- All Tournaments exclude provisional players.
- All Mac Mahon Tournaments have no rank restrictions and have bars at 1k and 10k.
- All Correspondence Tournaments have the following time control: 2 days + 1 day per move Fischer increment with a maximum of 2 days.
Note: Every time a board size isn’t mentioned, 19x19 is asumed.
They will start as soon as the maximum number of players is reached.
- Simultaneous Mac Mahon: three tournaments, for 19x19, 13x13 and 9x9.
- Round Robin: three tournaments, each one restricted to Dans, SDKs and DDKs.
They are going to be all Swiss until other types are added to the system. The schedules are going to be posted here as comments.
- 5 rounds, 10m+5x30s Byoyomi: three tournaments, each one restricted to Dans, SDKs and DDKs.
- 5 rounds, 7m+10s Fischer, max 7m, 13x13: three tournaments, each one restricted to Dans, SDKs and DDKs.
- 5 rounds, 5m+10s Fischer, max 5m, 9x9: three tournaments, each one restricted to Dans, SDKs and DDKs.
For more information, read the Live Tournaments FAQ.