Sort games by rating

We should be able to sort the games that are currently played by rank.

6 Likes

A generalized option to control the sort would be quite nice.

The ability to then apply that sort to the “next game” action would be great.

3 Likes

I agree! especially since the number of games risen too much, since Alpha Go.

I don’t look to the ongoing games anymore, because it is too much information. Find a good game, that I want to look is not impossible, but takes much effort. A simple sort function would be gold.

3 Likes

There’s a workaround for this. If you go to the “chat” link, there’s a tiny tiny game graph that’s similar to the “play” screen. Except the blue points are games you can observe. So the ones at the top are the highest rated.

I think it’s an awesome feature and why it’s hidden and underutilized like that is beyond me.

3 Likes

yes, this helps a little. Not that much, cause i cant see how far the game is gone (normaly want to watch it (passiv) from the al,ost begining), but it helps a little, thanks.

1 Like

Yea a list mode instead of all the large preview tiles of games would be most welcome.With sorting options.

1 Like

I think that a proper sorting function for the live games would be extremely helpful for the emergence of a KGS like kibitz culture (lots of people watching and discussing strong players’ games). It’s a shame that this topic is kinda buried, as I see it as very important.

3 Likes

Someone should message admins or developers, since this is is a major thing to implant.

1 Like

It’s also the number two entry on OGS’s uservoice site (it’s a suggestion from 2014, so one would think they already know about this issue). I hope they’ll eventually dedicate their attention to it…

1 Like

A simple frontend filter would be good, and not particularly difficult to implement in its simplest form. Is the OGS code open sourced and/or on github?

The code is not open. There is an API that can be used for your own code. There is a beta site that can be used to test before connecting to the main site.

As others have pointed out, this is a long-standing issue. There is no justifiable reason why this hasn’t been done; it’s a prime example of low cost, high reward.

1 Like

Here is a similar thread i opened a few weeks ago. I think this is a F.A.Q. Check out the developers reply. And there is a userscript if you are willing to try it out…

As far as I can tell, that script is meant to filter new game offers. It doesn’t seem to do anything to the list of observable games. I wrote a userscript that does sort the observe games pages by rank for my own use, and I figured I might as well share it to justify the time spent. It’s not perfect and it only reorders the games table for the specific page, but that is mostly enough because the entire list of games is mostly sorted by rank by default. So there might be one or two games that are on the wrong page, and you need to expand the list to 20 games per page for it to work as well as possible, but in any case it’s better than what we have now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.