Specific OGS overriding games timers (Please, help)

I joined a casual rengo which automatically started but i find then the allocated time unfair:

Did i miss something ?

But in my memory, black has more time when starting, not less? (Besides this being a bit weird way of processing the start of a game)

Yes thatā€™s correct after the first move is made it will return to normal.

Nope always 3 days for corr no matter time settings

1 Like

Ok.

• takes note

Thanks.

2 Likes

Kinda like scoring will time out after 24 hours even if there is a week or more on the move timer.

1 Like

We need a small manual for future tournaments participants, newbie here. Or a training camp.

We have a forum and a wiki, feel free to post in either :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Checked the wiki, didnā€™t find any mention of both points, thatā€™s true.

1 Like

How is that working? I thought it was a thing for live games only (what happened in one of the EGF pro games) if you go away too long (5mn?) even if you have a lot of time still on the clock.

Thatā€™s the disconnect timer youā€™re thinking of, Iā€™m referring to the timer that starts after 2 consecutive passes which will end the game if scoring isnā€™t accepted or play resumed.

Thanks!

• takes note again

So I learned a lot today, due maybe to the fact that i just recently start to play again some corr. games.

In resume (to be added in the wiki)

Specific OGS overriding games timers V1

For correspondance games (and rengos)

• With any time settings be careful that you always have 3 days to play black first move. No more no less.
  • With long time settings be careful to fix the scoring (or resume playing) within a day or you will timeout.

For live/blitz games (and rengos)

• {how the starting black timer works if any?}
  • If you disconnect {or if you quit the game page?}, {whatever the time settings?} You have {5mn?or less according to the time left? Then whatabout byoyomi? } to go back connected to the game page or you will timeout.
  • {scoring timeout?}

I still miss some crucial information here, if someone could fill the gaps?

Itā€™s not that you timeout in the scoring phase but that the score is accepted for you.

?

I was into this because from my weak memory, autoscore was coming in with bots only (in live games for my own experience)

I volonteer to clarify all these timers in the wiki, but i need first to get full and correct information See the {gaps} below.

In resume, to be added later in the wiki.
Edited the topic title into:

Specific OGS overriding games timers V2

For correspondance games (and rengos)

• With any time settings be careful that you always have 3 days to play black first move. No more no less.

• With long time settings be careful to fix the scoring (or resume playing). After 24hrs with no agreement, the game will accept the last proposed score, whether it be by the computer auto-score or a manual edit by one of the players

For live/blitz games (and rengos)

• {how the starting black timer works if any?}

• If you disconnect {or if you quit the game page?}, {whatever the time settings?} You have {5mn?or less according to the time left? Then whatabout byoyomi? } to go back connected to the game page or you will timeout.

• With long time settings be careful to fix the scoring (or resume playing). After {XX?} with no agreement, the game will accept the last proposed score, whether it be by the computer auto-score or a manual edit by one of the players

Please, help me fill the gaps!

1 Like

It is the scoring phase itself that times out, not a specific player. If the scoring phase times out, the game will accept the last proposed score, whether it be by the computer auto-score or a manual edit by one of the players.

2 Likes

Thanks! (Edited)Is it same for live/blitz games, with the same 24hrs delay?

They do also have a timer. It isnā€™t 24 hours but off the top of my head I canā€™t remember what it isā€¦ Likely a few minutes but I forget the specific number. Iā€™ll look it up tomorrow if nobody else knows.

1 Like

It depends on the time you had in the game, I think. With byo yomi, itā€™s usually the same as the main time. Very fast games have 20 seconds.

2 Likes

Bump.
@moderators

It is possible that you are the foremost expert in this matter at this point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Maybe update the Wiki with your current knowledge and gaps can be filled in later? It seems like most of your questions can be verified by manually trying each scenario out, but that of course takes timeā€¦