Spontaneous call for new Werewolf game

I am confused now

1 Like

Just to make things clear: there are two vampires, it’s in the rules above. I tried putting it in the story by stating there were four small wounds in the neck.

4 Likes

Are we not allowed to reason about the situation, given the rules that have been laid out? Perhaps those that examined the body might have noticed evidence that definitely pointed to exactly two vampires.

By the way, what are the exact victory/end game conditions? With the Arbalestier as part of the game, couldn’t that lead to some weird endgames where everybody dies?

I think it is firstly a logic game, and the role play and theme is a just a bit of fun on top. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts, @bugcat.

3 Likes

Ahhhh, gotcha.

In that case let’s decide that the court jester wins the game.

I’ll add the win conditions to the rules above.

1 Like

Another meta clarification about the rules: the two vampires will discuss their next victim during the night phase, so they have the possibility to make a strategy at night.

I agree that this game will be very very difficult if completely role-played. As arbiter I allow meta discussions. I’ll even allow meta meta discussions, such as this one, but it would be nice if we used this topic for that purpose instead.

Perhaps some admin could help move this discussion to that thread? @Eugene?

In this context, meta means “viewed from a comprehensive perspective”. Instead of playing the game, you talk about playing the game (that is, talk about the rules of the game). The meta meta discussion is then a discussion about which rules are the rules of the game.

3 Likes

Thank you @Eugene !

1 Like

I’m following the game when able and just wanted to drop in and say that I’ve really been enjoying the RP. I’m hesitant to like posts and potentially influence the game from the outside, so I thought I’d voice my appreciation here. :heart:

8 Likes

@BHydden if I want to quote a private message, will others be able to access the message?

1 Like

Please don’t quote the personal message, I’m not sure how much it would give away about your role.

Everyone got the message that during the day vote you’ll have to choose someone, and that not voting counts as a vote for nobody.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Privacy experiment when quoting a PM

Rules question for @Vsotvep

What happens if the courtiers vote to kill a player that was supposed to be the night watch on the following night? Does that player’s turn get skipped and the next person in the queue be assigned to nightwatch? Or does a day time kill also destroy the nightwatch role?

1 Like

The Nightwatch is chosen at the start of the night phase, so after the vote / execution has finished. So yes, the player who would have had the turn gets skipped.

This also means that the Nightwatch does not know they will be night watch during the day phase.

3 Likes

Yebellz, I don’t claim to have worked anything out here, and frankly my head kind of hurts just thinking about it. All I’m really saying is that I’m open to the idea but not convinced one way or another. And I still like the fact that it’s five innocents to two vampires.

If bugcat was the nightwatch then obviously there’s no such information forthcoming. And if someone else was the nightwatch,well, it seems they have their reasons for not coming forward, and of course I can’t speak for them.

I guess one way it could be put is, 4 people are innocent and can be chosen to be Nightwatch. Besides that, there are two vampires, a Guardian, and an Arbalestier. This means, that if bugcat had no role, only three possible remaining people could be Nightwatch. If one of them was the Nightwatch, and said someone else was either a special role, or innocent, well, first of all then the Vampires would know who is in that special role, and if they found someone innocent, then the vampires would know two of the three possible nightwatchers. While this may be helpful, I do see how the costs could outweigh the benefits in some ways. While I may have thought it to be good to share this info to the public, if I look at the pros and cons, it may appear that unless they found a vampire, the cons could outweigh the pros.

1 Like

I think you are assuming that the other special roles cannot be the nightwatch. I’ve been assuming that all non-vampires could have a turn at being the nightwatch.

@Vsotvep, which is correct?

1 Like

The nightwatch is an innocent player and should not reveal the role of the player that they checked, but only whether if they are innocent or not. Why are you assuming that the nightwatch would do that?

2 Likes

This is correct, as is stated implicitly, but pretty clearly in the rules…

3 Likes

I’m that person right now, but can we move the question and the answer to the other thread?..

1 Like

I wish I could, but only admins have that power…