Story Behind Your Username and/or Profile Pic?

My profile picture is Dr. Manhattan from the graphic novel “Watchmen” by Alan Moore.

5 Likes

My forums profile pic is an animal I drew. Idk what it is supposed to be, but the head reminds me of a bird and so I like to think of it as a bird. It has a long neck and is popping out of the ground, but I really don’t like the ground part of the drawing. I made it too brown.

8 Likes

My forums avatar pic shows a game involving black and white stones, specifically, it is the starting position in the game of Othello, aka Reversi.

10 Likes

Gee too many surprises…

@Haze_with_a_Z I thought that was a fox.

@yebellz I thought it was a reference to Go.

3 Likes

Well then I guess I didn’t draw it well. Sorry that I got you confused.

2 Likes

No, it’s just very small on my cell phone. Not that easy to distinguish the details. But looking carefully I can actually see the beak.

2 Likes

Going to where?

7 Likes

Yeah, the color of the beak and head is very similar. It’s probably easier to see in person than on a photo.

3 Likes

I genuinely can’t find the fox in the head. Can someone please help me figure this out.

2 Likes

It reminded me Fantastic Mr. Fox. Anyway I didn’t mean to criticize your drawing, I’m really on my cell phone and I see your image in a space smaller than my pinky’s fingernail. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

No no, yebellz, a “reference to go” is a reference you can take with you, no matter where you go. Like a “coffee to go”. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

It is completely fine. It isn’t like I haven’t already told myself countless times how much I don’t like my cheetah drawing. Also now I can see it more. Thanks

2 Likes

So I recently changed my profile picture on the main site, from what it is right now on the forums, to this:

Statistics:

Dimensions: 160x160
Time it took to create: several hours
Software used: macOS preview lol
Are there any other stats: no

Symbols/References

It’s a nice, serene, moonlit night.
The dolphin is a symbol, from a song I wrote a long time ago (when I was 8!) called Dolphins. It came up in the most recent song I wrote (which this image is based on), listed above in the thread. There are several dolphins in this picture. (Insert something to do with 126739 here)
The cat is from when my cat, Al jumped on my keyboard and demanded to be in the picture. So I put him in the picture.
One of my friends wanted me to put a corgi in it, so I did.
The cat and corgi are sitting together on a mountain, watching the scene.
There is a slow-moving cruise ship in the background. (It’s from this youtuber who is really really good at this certain physics engine, and quite funny. I stole the ship from him :laughing:)
The ship in the top left was from my old profile picture.
If you count the stars in the sky, you’ll see 15! Fifteen stars!!! That’s like, more stars than I have in my house!
If you count 16, then look closely, that’s Mercury, not a star. That is a reference to a song my friend wrote, that inspired a song I wrote (that this image is based off of)

13 Likes

What… How…?
I thought preview is just for viewing images

3 Likes

have actually said the story behind it on chat
so really long time ago like age 6 or 7 played neopets
and went with school username (dachen1)
but forgot password so sis said do same username + 1
= dachen11
and so i stuck with dachen11

2 Likes

Perhaps we could make a new topic called Story Behind Your Profile Picture?

Edit: I can’t split topics.

3 Likes

I always admired Kosh less for who he is, and more for what he MEANS.

B5 is the best

2 Likes

I think this thread is fine for discussing profile pictures. The topics are close enough that I don’t believe it warrants a split. I’ll just update the title; no sense in creating more clutter.

10 Likes

I grew up listening to a lot of David Bowie, and I’ve always been irrationally frustrated when someone pronounced it Bow-ie (as in, rhyming with Cow).

So you can imagine my delight when I realised that not only could I combine his name with my newfound interest, but I could also incidentally teach people the correct pronunciation!

12 Likes

My parents chose that name time before i was born :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes