Surround — iOS client for OGS

Hi everyone,

I have just published another beta version. This version allows starting new games from the app (finally… :sweat_smile:). You can download it using the same link as before: https://testflight.apple.com/join/lRSWcaC7

Some screenshots of the new feature:

I have been reading several posts on the forum about this feature recently (for example); so when working on the design of this feature, I tried to solve some of the issues raised. You can see in the screenshots that:

• It is deliberately very wordy, in order to make it clear what is going on.
  • At the bottom of the quick match screen, there is a list of custom games matching the quick match settings.
  • In the custom game screen, it is possible to send a challenge directly to another user.
  • Custom game options are grouped into several small parts, with “advanced” options separated into another screen.

This is a bit different from how it works on the website, but similar enough to not confuse people who use both the website and the app; and I think it is clearer for new users. However, that is just my personal take on it; so let me know what you think :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes