Surround — iOS client for OGS

I would use the app exclusively if it had Final Fantasy Victory music.

2 Likes

Any plans for having a mode where ranks are hidden ?

AND/OR being able to create custom games giving relative rank ranges instead of absolute ones?

Oh, it’s already out. Neat. Thanks a lot for the work.

1 Like

Not yet, but those make sense and are relatively simple so I will add them to the to do list and will work on them when I’m on some related feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just stumbled on this app from a Reddit discussion. Really enjoying it. Thanks!

Some suggestions:

• Add a badge counter to app icon under notifications. I tend to only use this for apps as I don’t like a lot of banners that I will usually miss anyway.
  • A sound option would be cool too, especially for watching games online while doing something else.
  • Make the submit target a little larger, or perhaps an actual button?
  • Just realized the app also does not allow me to navigate through move history with back/forward, first/last buttons. That would be really cool.
  • iPad app looks to not be storing app state when returning from another app or home screen. For example it forgets I had a game open and also chose to hide the sidebar. Having to repeat these taps is tricky.
3 Likes

Hi everyone, I have just released a new version with some basic functions of Analyze mode on iPhone (iPad support will be in the next version). You can download it on the App Store at the usual link: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1535010544

The original plan was to release full Analyze mode in this version. However my plans and schedules were messed up quite badly because of a covid outbreak in my country (Vietnam). And then iOS 15 was released, and it introduced lots of bugs into the app; so I decided to break Analyze mode into several smaller pieces and release them gradually together with bug fixes for iOS 15.

This version also includes a badge on the app icon showing the number of games on your turn, and a stone placement sound option.

3 Likes

Nice tree. How a pass is managed? Does it have a number like a normal move?

1 Like

Currently it is not possible to make a pass in Analyze mode yet, but if you can somehow do it then it will have a number like a normal move.

1 Like

Loving the update so far!

I noticed that it is not possible to rewind and browse already played moves if the game doesn’t have analysis mode enabled. Is this feature planned? It would be quite nice on correspondence games that have dragged out a bit as a refresher.

3 Likes

Yes, it is planned. Glad to know that you like the update. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

A new version is available. This version adds Analyze mode for iPad, supports browsing played moves in games that doesn’t have analysis enabled (@Jiisuki :wink:), and fixes more bugs.

Download at the usual App Store link: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1535010544

4 Likes

Thanks! I just tried it out, this is a great update for the iPad!

2 Likes

I do have a quick question about the app. When you go into fullscreen mode, that is clicking the symbol beside the settings in the screenshot above, is there a way to get out of it? It seems like a nice mode, making the clocks bigger etc, but I couldn’t see a way to return to the normal view without closing the app on iPhone.

1 Like

There is a similar icon in that view, with arrows reversed, that goes back to non-zen view.

Not for me there isn’t :slight_smile:

Just to show what I see, and what’s part of the menu when I click the three dots.

The settings and fullscreen type buttons are completely gone.

1 Like

Interesting, this is how it looks for me. Maybe there is some size issue?

2 Likes

Oops, looks like a bug :sweat:. I will try to fix it soon.

3 Likes

Hi! Is it me only who have problems with authentication with Google account?

Hello I recently started using Surround on iPhone and I’m loving it. However, yesterday the app started crashing almost as soon as I opened it. It seems to begin “connecting,” then crashes. A friend nearby is having the same experience. I don’t think this is due to an update, as the last one was a month or so ago and this problem only started yesterday. Any idea what it could be?
Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Just checking - is it still doing that?

1 Like