The all-in-one democratic game

Imho, P17 is not good enough for us here. :wink:
But I’m just a 10k. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

(answering old suggestion P17) Although there some snowy variants too…
No @KAOSkonfused you’re already a 10k

With Q13 Black build a strong group too with an extension which will help for the lower right corner.

That’s my suggestion.

P15 is a local possibility but if we share the board in two like this, I don’t see anymore the black advantage he had to start.

1 Like

Yeah I’m imagining with the early 3-3 and the two 3-4 points black is thinking I’ll take all the early territory please. Could even enclose the bottom right if maintaining sente.

1 Like

white has too big hypothetical territory + komi
black needs to invade at D15 until its too late

2 Likes

How to come? Any Kakari will suffer from white wall. A direct pincer looks a bit wide so white can chose a relax way with the upper side and then put pressure on black new group on the left, from his wall

1 Like

P17

In my own game I’d barely even think about it: this is a lovely corner structure for Black.

3 Likes

Building the upper right corner now is not as good as it could have been if black had had the move for the corner enclosure.

Last move, there were three open corners. Now there are two, of which I see the upper left as clearly preferable. This means that black must approach there, at C15.

Let’s do it on the third line so we can settle in the corner, if necessary.

Another indicator against P17 is that white’s move is not as threatening as it could have been at P17 or Q16. Now it’s easier to tenuki.

3 Likes

pre

• C15
  • D15
  • P17
  • P15
  • Q14
  • Q13
  • Other

0 voters

3 Likes

When will the poll be closed?

in 24 hours, as usual, you can see time by hovering cursor on “closes in a day”

3 Likes

I didn’t drop. As said in rules after 3 suggestions anyone can make the poll.

2 Likes

but what if no one do so in 2 days?

1 Like

That would be sad, but I’m more optimist as you. Anyway thanks for having put the last poll.

And I am still here; just moving through China (took a 3hrs plane) and being bit more busy IRL.

3 Likes

I voted other in the poll cause I missed suggestion time but like I still want k10.

4 Likes

You can suggest after the poll is launched and people can vote for you too until the end of the poll.

You did right, just if other players vote for your move, please report in a message too, in case there are more as one other suggestion later.

1 Like

pre

My suggestion: G16 because the wall is too far to pincer, and G16 works somewhat with P16
Tenuki in this corner, letting black press in sente and taking the extension, is not really an option here
(I hesitate with Shusaku style E16)

1 Like

I suggest F16 here. With the P16 stone I want to avoid getting pressed-down on the top. The left side is too wide, such that a pincer would be either too close to the top to be called an extention of white’s “wall”, or too far to pressure the black approach.

E16 and R17 also seem like good options to me (and maybe an approach to the bottom-right).

4 Likes

C16 - white will get the corner, black will create short wall, white creates big base with big wall, black creates medium base with short wall
black will get less - little attack without risk

2 Likes

Hmm. We seem to have two main options, R17 and C16. With C16 we can continue D15 F17, and then if Black extends to C11 we can still take R17, and White won’t get the E16 press… ofc, though Black can consider omitting C11 and playing P17 instead.

Alternatively we could play a pincer here. Not a straightforward position…

2 Likes