The all-in-one democratic game

33 INVASION — VOTE C3

5 Likes

I’d like to play the contact D16 because it’s fashion (and innovative in some way) on Goquest between strong players, so can’t be bad!

1 Like

Trying to understand you… Which 3-3?

I’d be down for learning a new joseki if we played that.

1 Like

I think lower left; he said White’s star point.

4 Likes

Aaah I see

1 Like

I think that means the one under the white stone on a star point.

3 Likes

P17. I like corners. Let’s take a corner before provoking a fight

1 Like

Hehe well I’m not here to be a dictator or a king so that point deserves a poll too.

• results when closing
  • results when voting

0 voters

Will close when most participants from previous polls voted
Now myself I do enjoy to keep secret of votes and avoid imitation process honestly; I’m not convinced that the quality of the game is going to be so low afterall too.
Then it’s our game, I’m for the enjoyment of each of us so I may be wrong in my preferences, let see.

1 Like

black san-san C3 wins!

Quite nice that we have even more participation this time, I hope everyone has a great time here!

Time for suggestions for white 6, please with arguments and as always everyone warmly welcome to join!

3 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

A topic which could help today’s choice

@stone.defender which one then?

1 Like

k10 is my suggestion

There is but one response to uninvited guests at the backdoor: kicking the door in. I say we give up some sanity and play Q16.

1 Like

Q16 instead of more classical approach, in the hope to keep sente too?

1 Like

K10 to break shichos?

The classical approach isn’t urgent enough to ignore a 3-3. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone here have good familiarity with 3-3 invasion joseki? The impression I’ve gotten over the past few years is that the direction of blocking is heavily dependent on the joseki sequences.

In the meantime, however, I just reviewed a pro game last night where White blocked on the side that had more potential to grow into a large moyo, and I think Black needs two moves to start threatening to take the bottom, whereas we only need one move to start threatening the left.

1 Like

I think I remember Nick Sibicky saying in a video that humans want to build towards D17 in such situations, but the AI doesn’t care much, because it’s too far away. But I’m not an AI, even the I is debatable, so I’ll vote for C4.

2 Likes

Old teaching preAI said you need go for D3 if you want to restrict white doing things on the left side. I opt for D3.