The all-in-one democratic game

Ummm, isn’t it white’s move?

2 Likes

If I have misinterpreted this statement, @Groin, please tell me.

• D3 (block towards bottom)
  • C4 (block towards left)
  • K10 (tengen)
  • Q16 (attachment to upper right)
0 voters

EDIT: I don’t want to touch the poll so as to not lose results so far, but I forgot to put the “Another Move” option. If you want to do a writein, you can do it same as before with a post below.

1 Like

Yes of course, am getting confused

White 6 to play:

All fine. Just missed the another move option, but it’s ok if anyone want to submit a new move it’s possible as usual, just write it down

Ok Doki, this is something which could prove to be very useful soon so I hope you get familiar and enjoy it too:

Please check (and comment) this:
SPEEDING POLL

Oops. Even re-read the OP to make sure I didn’t do it wrong, made a mental note to have that option, and forgot. I guess there’s always next time. As Groin said, you can still have a writein just like before.

1 Like

C4 wins

Time for suggestions (black 7)

2 Likes

I propose D3 and suggest that it is the only reasonable move here. If someone else agrees, I suggest testing out the Speeding Poll this move.

PS: could you change the rules to reflect that normal polls now only run for 24 hours?

1 Like

I think having an “another move” option in Speeding Polls for the future would make checking if it’s valid or not easier, would you be open to adding a note to that effect to the rules?

I think it is good to have a “speeding poll”

1 Like

Black D3 voted

Suggestions time!

2 Likes

I propose F3, but I do not think it should be a speeding poll since there are other reasonable alternatives. (note that, even if the next person thinks it should be a speeding poll, it won’t be since the rules state that the first two players must agree that a move or sequence is the only reasonable play, and I am explicitly disagreeing with that here)

My reasoning for F3 is that it is a common modern variation which fights for sente, and also allows for the Flying Knife, if we want to play it.

2 Likes

Another speeding poll?I also want to learn F3 more.

1 Like

But how you do you determine that there is agreement if not with another poll before the speeding poll?

I find the entire concept of “speeding polls” to be detrimental to the democratic nature of the game. The power of the people is being eroded by these reforms.

3 Likes

Meanwhile we got 7/12 players who confirmed and no opposition for a move really obvious. And in a game of go that situation will happen again and again. I think it’s not a so bad compromise. Speeding polls are no surprise, they were introduced since the very beginning because from the very beginning I thought we will need them to keep players interested when there’s a obvious unique move to play. Later are we going to wait 24hrs to take back a simple ko?
Besides this thread is open to discuss the game, even future moves, or results attained, or… I hope we can keep it friendly like this and that the one who miss a move with a speed poll will enjoy it because that was not the most interesting thing to wait.

2 Likes

So far we have two suggestions for this move. While I still prefer F3 to fight more aggressively for sente, I also see the appeal of more solid shape, while still getting sente.

Well e4 for sente?

1 Like

E4 looks good. Sente is valuable here because Black failed to enclose the [upper right] corner on move 5, and White really wants to hit P16 before Black gets a second chance to enclose.

The other possibilities at E3 and F3 end in gote. And I doubt the masses want anything to do with the flying knife. That would mean many boring weeks of forced moves.

6 Likes

Not quite. Because of the Speeding Polls, we can get an entire forced sequence completed in one round.

2 Likes

Just to be sure, enclose the upper right corner? I could deduce it from the rest of your sentence.

2 Likes