The all-in-one democratic game

we should do k10 this move.

we should do k10 until it is finally chosen.

2 Likes

I like your commitment.

4 Likes

There is another sente variation starting by E3 which seems playable too, there is a ko in it but at this stage I doubt there are any threats around.
(I put it in the game: Another sente var.)
I’ll go with that one

Ok, it seems it’s not clear that if anyone come and write a new option, the speed poll is cancelled (and in fact a new usual poll with the old and new option and “another choice” can be launched).
I left this implicite for convenience, but we can remind each time by offering the 2 options in the poll.
The idea to go speed was to make a special procedure when there is a unique move in view. As soon as it is contested, it won’t be fair to continue the process, but better to let everyone reconsider his choice and propose a classic poll. Otherwise it seems a bit difficult (maybe possible?) to continue with the speed vote to elect which move to play directly.

So. We could write all to be 100% clear if it’s better:

Speed poll
o D3 (need 6 to win or 24hrs)
o another move (immediately stop this poll) please precise

2 Likes

I see the classic hane (E3) is taking an early lead. Can we afford to give Black the ponnuki facing their lower right corner if we play this way? We also kindof half lose sente if we play this way, since Black ends with sente, but kindof wants to play another move in the general area.

1 Like

Did you see the discussion in the demo? There are alternatives as the ponnuki

I only have one person voting with me D:

1 Like

I think speed polls should be fragile.

3 Likes

White 8 E4 wins

Time for suggestions!

4 Likes

I’ll go for F3, I’ve never seen that played, but apparently it has AlphaGo approval.

7 Likes

I guess @AdamR is working on reorganizing these game threads a bit?

I think some of the old polls from previous turns were inadvertently moved into the “how to” thread as well.

2 Likes

Yes. I asked him to move all the posts concerning the improvements of the rule set to the [how to ] topic, according to a list I gave to him
(I can’t do it myself as regular)

It was intended like this:
Let’s keep this thread for the game itself (suggestions and vote) and use the all-in-one [how to] topic to fix or improve the rule. i

and please let me ask to all of us to try to keep it like this: not giving hard work to our beloved admins. (Btw thanks to @AdamR)

Did you mean to move some of the older polls as well?

3 Likes

Ok thank @yebellz, it was a long list so I will check that.

Checked. 45 posts were selected to move then
4 polls were wrongly moved and 4 more posts for move suggestions.

In details, that’s these in the [how-to] thread

#73 (vote for white 2)
#79 (vote for black 5)

#83 move suggest D3 or C4
#84 (speeding poll for D4)

#85 reference for speed poll
#89 a move suggestion at E4

#96 (vote for white 8)
#98 answer/tengen to Haze

Now it seems very difficult to reverse, because of how discourse works. Even if we just put back the 4 polls they can’t go back to their original place. They will just pile at the bottom of the last answer in some random order. Could do a bit better by editing posts but then it’s polls , I am bit scared of the result and I can only edit my posts too. When the game will end, eventually we can add these 4 polls for reference at the bottom.
So maybe best is to leave it like that, I am so sorry for the inconveniences.

1 Like

F2. Let’s keep it simple.

5 Likes

F2. Why? One of the few joseki moves I know about, so I’ll use that knowledge while I can.

2 Likes

IMHO - F2 settles quickly and allows both to Tenuki. E3 would probably result in White extending with F4. F3 would create a cut point. My 2 cents.

4 Likes

For apologize to @Haze_with_a_Z for a missing post, I suggest tengen afterall.

1 Like

E3 - infinite crawl!

3 Likes

Black 9 to play

• E3
  • F2
  • F3
  • K10
  • Another move, please precise

0 voters

Not my day, forgot to make it public… Ok can go like that this time. Forgot auto closing too so will close in 24 hrs the 2020-09-16T00:00:00Z

6 Likes