The all-in-one democratic game

I thought White could play S12 after black hane P11.

1 Like

With or without the w Q11 b P11 exchange, I think black can play Q10 in response to the hane at S12?

I tried some variations which resulted in a semeai. I couldn’t find one where White wins, so I’d say it looks promising for Black. Now I changed my mind and support the Q12 attachment ^^

1 Like

If we’re going to investigate the right side, we might also consider starting with the R10 attachment.

R10 to aim at R13 after? Maybe it’s a good move but I’m afraid to hurt more the down side group, a contact should strengthen that black stone afterall.

R10 as a probe, similar to the R11 attachment.
I think both attachments could be damaging the lower right group and/or white’s center potential.

But the intention is to help both of those aims, or perhaps go for soms trade between the upper right and the lower right.

So before embarking on a mission with special moves like these, we should try to work out some optimal sequence for both colors that still benefits white somehow.

We’re not gambling, right?

There is a deal around to strengthen that white group (or exchange it maybe?) I had my wish a few moves ago to add something to make it strong without helping black and I considered S6 like a “honte” move, removing the peep and creating potential eyes shape on the place. I am not sure it can be slow or not that efficient.

I think white also wants to keep sente to invade the lower side or expand the upper side.

1 Like

Maybe we want too much then. Leave that weak group and go directly to invade or expand

1 Like

I’m in favour of that (at the most, I would like to exchange w S9 b S10, but that can probably wait).

White K14 feels like a global key point to me now.
By securing a large territory on the upper side with potential for more in the center, I think black is more or less obliged to play a similarly large move like K6 soon after. And I think the game would then still be balanced territorially.

White will still be a bit thin, but that’s just the way it is.

1 Like

This time I had to go check from like 80 posts ago!
Well I hope that we keep that enthusiasm for many more moves to come.

Here’s a list of suggested move which I will put in poll soon.

B10
C17
H4
K3
K10
K11
K14
P12
Q11
Q12
Q13
R10
R11
S9

If any change, more (or less) suggestions please tell me.

3 Likes

White to play, please vote!

That’s a lot of choices but, reminder, you can modify your vote during the time the poll is running, so no worry!

• B10
  • C17
  • H4
  • K3
  • K10
  • K11
  • K14
  • P12
  • Q11
  • Q12
  • Q13
  • R10
  • R11
  • S9
  • Other, please tell us.

0 voters

2 Likes

Ouf. I wanted to see O7 or O8 on that list, too.

1 Like

No problem. Vote “Other” in the poll and tell us exactly if O7 or O8 is your vote. (1 only by player)
O7 and O8 are suggested .
Players can vote for it by doing the same.

On my own view pushing black around here will strengthen white group but same time if black follow, it will help him in a way I rather not see happening (for the bottom area).

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: All-in-one democratic go game (how-to)

I vote O8.

1 Like

If it comes down to a draw between P12 and Q12, I’m prepared to support Q12 instead of my preferred move of K14. (voting closed 1h ago, so I cannot change it myself anymore in the poll)

draw
there also were new suggestions in “other”, lets give them a chance
pre

white to move

• P12
  • Q12
  • O7
  • O8

0 voters

1 Like

why adding new options if you already said just make two top options in the 2nd poll?

If you want to add new options, why exclude options that already have votes in the 1st round? The 3rd place option is not so far behind the top 2.

1 Like

My idea of the 2nd poll for move 54 with options have at least 1 vote in the 1st round, and everyone can have 2 votes, would look like this.

2nd poll of move 54 for white
  • Q12
  • P12
  • K14
  • S9
  • O7
  • O8

0 voters