The Dining Hall - NSFH(ungry people)

Has anyone here read “Cooking for Geeks”? I very much enjoy it.

2 Likes

Not pictured: two side dishes, cheese and sausage style, a kind-of Russian salad/ sauce.
This was our Easter table. :blush:

10 Likes

And my Sahara desert hand from the constant washing…

4 Likes

I feel you. My girlfriend is also eastering today, that’s why we have the steaks. What’s the brown gravy?

2 Likes

Chocolate pudding :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Aw man!

2 Likes

I’m a little jealous of the stone oven. … okay, a lot jealous :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pasta with spinach-salmon-cream sauce. The spinach is fresh from the garden.

14 Likes

My wife built it :slight_smile:

22 Likes

after posting all the poké pics, I had to make some for tonight.
Decided to go with salmon with a mango salsa, enoki mushrooms, kimchee, seaweed salad, chuka ika sansai, with spicy aioli, on top of white rice and topped with a little masago, picked ginger and sesame seeds.

13 Likes

Kinda OT but maybe not:
I know it’s THE 1st world problem, but today I was thinking how I can’t shop for food and ingredients the way I’d like to for the foreseeable future. Whatever is usually eaten raw and difficult to wash adequately is out of the question for me now. I’ve really missed my leafy greens. :frowning: (I washed them thoroughly anyway, but anything that isn’t cooked/ peeled, I don’t really want to buy right now).

9 Likes

Utterly amazing meals many of us are so lucky to have! Wow!

8 Likes

Dinner tonight: prik king with jasmine rice. Incredibly delicious, but it also lit my fire ( I mistakenly used a tbsp of curry paste instead of a tsp :fire: :fire: :fire: ).

13 Likes

Strange fact I learned just yesterday: that mistake is 30% worse in Australia than in the US!

9 Likes

We’re opposite then hahahaha i have the veggies i can’t get much meat :joy:

4 Likes

don’t you just love universal standards that nobody can agree on lol

7 Likes

Of course it’s not comparable to the beauty that Eugene’s wife built (it’s gorgeous and yes I’m jealous of this stone oven too), but I can’t not shamelessly plug my lovely Li Ziqi

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I would call it cute… It has an expression as if it is in pain, understandibly because its insides are burning :laughing:

3 Likes

Brother Qi can do no wrong.

2 Likes

This thread is an amazing source of inspiration!

Here is my favourite dish (if you count by how often I made it): Pasta Bolognaise with lots of chili powder :yum: :yum: :fire: :fire:

And from more recently, a gorgeous creation from leftovers for breakfast :smile:

That’s a sausage omlette, in case it is hard to see :grin:

13 Likes