The Dining Hall - NSFH(ungry people)

Made big pot of cheesy minced beef soup for next few days <33

Sadly the picture doesnt show how good it really is <3

10 Likes

Looks delicious! If anyone else makes omelettes a lot, I’d recommend watching Jacques Pepin’s omelette video. He gives some really wonderful tips.

7 Likes

He says neither style is necessarily better than the other, but let’s check:

Which of the two do you prefer?

• American-style Omelette
  • French-style Omelette

0 voters

3 Likes

I just finished dinner, but I forgot to take a picture. It was a Thai glass noodle soup (using tom kha kai spices, cocos milk and chili oil) with bok choi, pangasius, king prawns and coriander / cilantro.

We have leftovers, so perhaps I can remember to take a picture tonight, when I go for my ‘second dinner’

(also sorry for whoever voted above already, I edited the poll, so the one other vote has become lost…)

5 Likes

I was going to comment that I prefer polls where we can see who voted, so I guess I had it coming…

3 Likes

A bit more sexier picture (btw should we add NSFW-tag on the topic…)

12 Likes

We were having leftovers from yesterday (I tend to cook more than necessary), but now I want soup. So, I’m going to make soup.
However, spring is here, so I’m going to feed my sister soup in a warm spring night hahaha (evil laugh).

5 Likes

I love me some Maillard reaction.

6 Likes

promised picture:

The coriander grows in the garden, which is too much work to get in the middle of the night, so some spring onion instead

13 Likes

This is pretty great. Great job, everyone.

4 Likes

I mean… she’s pretty much a badass. (and cute)
pretty much wife material there lol

3 Likes

looks like killer soup there koba

2 Likes

Oh I love Li Ziqi’s videos! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Who is up for fish with coconut milk? :smile:

10 Likes

Great topic, great food! Here my two cents:

Sichuan dry fried green beans:

With DanDan Noodles (here the sauce still without the noodles…)

And Char Sui (Cantonese Roasted Pork):

13 Likes

Yesterday I made Japanese-style pancakes: Okonomiyaki, one with shrimp and cheese, the other with bell pepper and mushrooms.

Now I’m off to make Dutch-style pancakes for lunch:

With cheese and ‘stroop’, which is kind of like molasses, but as sweet as maple syrup. We eat pancakes usually for dinner or lunch instead of for breakfast. The batter has no rising agents in it, is quite runny, and we often put savory condiments, like cheese, bacon or ham on the pancake.

13 Likes

That looks so delicious…One with bell pepper and mushrooms please :slightly_smiling_face:. No shrimp for me even though i love cheese :joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Taco Tuesday

11 Likes

Breakfast

9 Likes

Whoops! We ordered takeout tonight to celebrate my girlfriend finishing up the last major requirement for one of the two master’s degree programs she’s in right now, but ate it all before thinking to take a picture. So, here’s pictures of the same things we ordered shamelessly lifted from Google:

4 Likes