The Hurt / Heal Joseki Game!

Heal 27
Hurt 1

1 Like

Poor #1… Once the shining star of every first page in joseki dictionary’s, now reduced to a timid spectre of its former glory…

I’m making some titles for some of these joseki, I think this game will be move fun if we give the joseki some personality. Any suggestions are welcome!

4 Likes

Hurt #29.
Heal poor #1.

1 Like

Hurt1
Heal 23

Hurt #4 - I much prefer #5
Heal #19 - I actually like this one

2 Likes

I believe with @Samraku, next to me, also prefers 24 hours per round. I know you’re excited, but with 12 hours per “round”, many people on the forum will not get to vote each round, which would give others (like you) who visit the forum more frequently a distinct advantage. We’re using 24 hours in almost all the forum games for this reason, so I suggest we stick with it.

And sometimes, the fact that a game takes time is actually what makes it more fun. Suppose everyone could vote every 2 minutes, surely it becomes a pretty boring game then, right?

1 Like

What about #6?

Yeah that one’s exciting, but I have yet to study it. #5 is nice and clean ^^

1 Like

Maybe we do double heal on Saturday and double hurt on Sunday starting from next week(which will make hurting or healing double depending on if it is Saturday or Sunday (using western central time)

Bruh I am excitited.

Unfair with player’s who don’t play on weekends.

Heal 27
Hurt 29

1 Like

Hurt #17
Heal #29

Heal #1, hurt #22

#24 #27 #28 is there a specific reason to have put a second diagram with a lengthly variation? Or you consider this variations as the most joseki?

Good job already to compile these.

Taisha is also known as the joseki with a thousand variations. I’ve read that it used to be very popular and well studied. Unfortunately it’s not played as much nowadays, athough I’m not aware of a refutation. Personally I can’t imagine picking one variation as the most joseki.

If I had to make a guess I’d say the second diagrams are purely for entertainment, and I like it :smile:

I propose to name joseki #19 the Egg joseki. After the moves in the diagram, the continuation I know is white plays a one-point jump on the right, black plays the diagonal kick in the corner, and white plays to the left of 2, creating a symmetrical shape that looks like an egg.

egg_joseki

Heal the Egg joseki!

2 Likes

Well I enjoy them too especially because these are a bit never used to me! I’m just a bit afraid some DDK even SDK would think it’s the only or main variation and afraid to have to memorize/study it.

Yep Taisha in Ishida is like 1/4 of one of the 3 books.

Heal23
Hurt19

Heal,hurt @discobot roll 2d30

I’ll actually look at them properly another time, I wouldn’t mind trying to suggest some names too, I think things like hoshi into low approach into low extension are a bit of a mouthful :slight_smile:

:game_die: 23, 5

@discobot roll 2d30