The Hurt / Heal Joseki Game!

:game_die: 3, 5

Poor 5 but I cannot do that now but I can tmr.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

nooo don’t eliminate the egg joseki! :sob:

1 Like

Heal #1
Hurt #5

Heal #1
Hurt #28 - Taisha

What does taisha even mean? I assume it means something completely different in Japanese, but when I read it I can’t help but think the Chinese 太傻 [tài shǎ - too stupid]… So let’s hurt the stupid joseki :wink:

Edit: I looked it up, it’s the japanese pronunciation of 大斜 (dà xié) or big slant. I’m going to stick with “too stupid”, thanks :tipping_hand_man:t3: (as in I’m too stupid to pull that one off)

4 Likes

I think the tai is 大, but I’m not sure on the sya.

1 Like

Taisha=Thousands flowers? I had that since long ago

No, they’re just same strand of the main variations, but not necessarily the “correct way”. The first ones are how they start, the second one is a crazy way they could continue.

#27 could be considered a main variation, though. I was surprised to find out how often the press is played on until in covers the entire length of the side. I included an especially gruesome example of a game between Chikun and Kiyonari as a link, since this is not really joseki, I believe.

1 Like

You have already voted today, I will ignore this one.

A vote consists of a heal and a hurt. So, which do you hurt?

1 Like

I’ve allowed it for this time, but from now on, no more @discobot voting, please. Thank you!

5 Likes

Translation: ask discobot privately to pick numbers and then relay them here.

Or would that be illegal AI assistance?

:thinking:

4 Likes

Sorry for the misunderstanding: My post was not supposed to be a vote (I believe it had not been 24h since my first vote either) but rather a plead to other participants to support this joseki!

Edit: I see that my name proposal has been accepted. Nice! Now let’s cook some scrambled eggs …

Ah, I count by day, your last vote was on the 13th, now it’s the 14th. I’ll be lenient with timezones as well.

@discobot roll 2d26

:game_die: 17, 26

hurt 17 heal 26

What did you misunderstand about this?

2 Likes

In that case, I would like to heal the Egg joseki!
And then I’ll hurt the Magic Sword joseki. I know it’s got a cool name and is thrilling. But isn’t there a refutation where white pushes in and takes the corner? I’m talking about this …
magic_sword
… which, as far as I know, used to be considered crude before AI said it’s good for white.

1 Like

I didn’t misunderstand it but I didn’t read it cause there were so many responses. (like I didn’t know that post existed)

I just saw that someone used discobot and thought that was a good idea.

If it doesn’t count,
hurt 13 heal 1

2 Likes