The neverending story uhuhu uhuhu uhuhu

Maybe this belongs in the meme thread but here it is:

survivor

8 Likes

Right. Us correspondence players are the toughest guys and gals of the town. We totally look down on you real-time sissies, who don’t dare to enter a decade long fight for a tournament win. :muscle:

6 Likes

Goodbye my oldest tournament on ogs! I will always remember you with love <3

Farewell Tenkaichi Budokai (天下第一武道) of Go! 29/09/2014 - 28/05/2019

ps. and also congratulations for the winner liao63 !

5 Likes

Amida tournament finished.
12/26/2013 - 5/31/2019
5 years, 5 months and 5 days

Next on my waiting list is 2014 year tournament.

I’ve been wondering. Maybe we should make an endurance tournament? Swiss, 1wk+1wk Fischer and it would be like our fellowship. Tournament that connects us over the years.

5 Likes

I can’t get tired to say how I LOVE those extremely slow tournaments. I’ve made quite a few virtual friends that way.

1 Like

Anybody ever make a tournament with Fischer time, ~2+ days per move, max time 4+ wks :smiley: (or no max cap, don’t know whether that’s possible at all), lemme know. I might be tempted. And it can happen that I let all those days run down until only 2 days or less are left. Just one game can take a YEAR and more that way. Heck, I might even die while we play (I’m 62 soon, if I survive until then :wink: )

3 Likes

Two years from the start, happy birthday!

6 Likes

It was sad for longing to end like this, rest in peace. I think the tournament should end now even tho the server hasn’t yet counted it as ended.

31/12/2013 - 20/04/2020
6 years, 3 months and 20 days

Next old games I found are a bit weird. They’re paused forever:

2 Likes

June 27, 2014
[1:32] saisaysplaygo[19k]: you’ve got 16hours left

Surreal… Thanks for finding these.

2 Likes

I googled important facts that happened on that day, nothing much. There goes my conspiracy theory.

2 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_27 says this:

and

2 Likes

I really really really hope this isn’t the reason these players went MIA :anguished:

3 Likes

Yup, same here. But … we always have to keep in mind that things may happen IRL. TBH, I have sometimes thought whether and how I should talke precautions in case some day I leave this earthly plane for Zone Six (cf. Doris Lessing’s “Shikasta”), but I have no clue. Nobody even has the password for my machine(s), I live like a hermit, and I can’t imagine anyone would bother to clarify on all my online accounts. And I’m 62, and not especially healthy, so … maybe I should say “bye, CU l8er” just prophylactically :wink:

2 Likes

You can always haunt us. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

:ghost: :grin:

2 Likes

Since there are a lot more than 14 deaths each day, it is still more likely they were not involved even if they died.

5 Likes

Another game stuck in time.

5 Likes

Interesting … did anybody notice the duplicate chat entries in that game? Also, both seem to be German.

When this tournament is done, please light a candle in my memory and screenshot my profile page without that tournament in it. I’ll feel the tingle of relief in hell.

3 Likes

Here is a tournament starting in 6 months:

It starts with 28 days, and has 300 28 day byo-yomi periods. It would take 23 years to timeout after that first move is played. Sign up and just let the tournament get lost in time.

2 Likes