The Raptor Game

I literally have a stickie note (old mac program) full of dumb raptor movies. We’ve come full circle now… is it weird I was waiting for a raptor to jump out of the scene and raptoroll me?

TL;DR: YKM will keep calm and carry on.

Also, to reveal what a total snob I am, I never actually watched this movie. I remember when it came out, my brother wanted it on VHS really bad. In retrospect I’m sure it was because of some of the steamier scenes. Maybe it was because my brother loved it, but something in my ten year old body rejected it. I refused it. I never watched it.

I’ve been wanting to post this for a while… I’m sorry. I’ll just answer the hint myself and carry on with the game… if anyone wishes to peek in at the forum now and then, feel free.

https://youtu.be/vTZCjCYsytM

2 Likes

Titanic? You haven’t missed much in my opinion. I love Kate Winslet, but I just got bored watching it. Also, I can’t stand young Di Caprio.

Btw, is the guy in your picture the character from Kingdom Hearts? I’ve been wanting to ask you for a while.

I had that game when I was a kid. Never went past the black monster on the island. At the very beginning. True story.

1 Like

Lol, yes. It’s Sora from Kingdom Hearts… From the Nightmare Before Xmas level… I don’t know what else to say… I randomly searched out this picture when I created my OGS profile. I think maybe my partner was playing it for the first time around this time period. (My steam profile, for example, is a still of Lillian Gish from the The Wind–I remember clearly the one person to ever guess that was in film school.)

Haha. I beat this game, though. Maybe even more then once :stuck_out_tongue:

Also… I love Leo, honestly. He’s so good in so many films and he gets his recognition for The Revenant (or Titanic) seemed like a cope out to me (that buffalo scene, though). Especially when Tom Hardy puts everyone to shame. But like Gilbret Grape or Gangs of New York or even like some of his less known movies, The Beach, Blood Diamond. Leo is good. Don’t blame him. Blame Cameron :stuck_out_tongue: (Even though Inception is a little cornbally, you gotta admit it was a cool action flick; and Shutter Island was fun, I think I liked it more then The Departed.) Damn, he’s in a lot of movies.

And now that I mentioned Tom Hardy: for anyone who has not seen Bronson it is truely superb.

2 Likes

I don’t, I just don’t like his young version. But I love him now. I noticed he’s kind of developing a strong meta-character, as if he were always the same guy in many movies. I’m thinking of The Wolf of Wall Street, Django Unchained and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Different characters maybe, but same vibe. I love this new Leo anyway. Much more human and down-to-earth. Gangs of NY is good, but what catches the eye the most is the scariest Daniel Day Lewis.

1 Like

Very true, all around. What’s his most unique roll I’ve seen? Probably Gilbert Grape. So I can see him falling into that type casted scenario. Daniel Day Lewis sort of fits that too, but he is so powerful and mesmerizing you almost forget that he actually has idiosyncrasies in his roles. I love him.

We were talking about westerns earlier, and there is a film on Hulu (or Netflix, pretty sure it’s hulu without checking) called Sisters Brothers (like two brothers with the last name Sisters) and it is really good man. I’ve watched it a couple times now. It has brought tears every time.

Other Unique Westerns: Dead Man

1 Like

I have that one, I still have to watch it. The trailer looked good. Thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

John C. Reilly. He’s worth a serious mention. Did I put Chicago in my list above? That guy’s got some range. He’s in G of New York, also. Not to mention his role as the Channel 5 news man, Dr. Steve Brule.

Great Job!

https://youtu.be/IfL_PwWdNGU

I didn’t even know this existed, if you really want to immerse yourself: Channel 5 - Adult Swim Streams

Here is the current hint, if anyone is interested:

1 Like

Yeah sorry, I’ll share it as well.

1 Like

Step Brothers, soo good, so many good moments in that movie. I always think of Adam Scott singing in his car. His wife and John C Reilly’s relationship in that movie. I’m already crying.

@PiggyStardust, are you familiar with the current hint?

1 Like

Love it too.

Nope, doesn’t ring any bell.
Is there anybody out there?

2 Likes

I think it was @Sun_Hawk who mentioned this director earlier. And @spaceraven.

1 Like

Life Aquatic?

1 Like

Yes! :smiley:

1 Like

The head of raptor, in ill fitting clothes, chases musicians around; it make no sense.

Down… down in the basement. He hears the sound of machines. He’s running in circles; comes to his senses sometimes.

This movie rocked so hard, when it came out, that we all clapped and danced in the theaters like it was the real thing.

4 Likes

Driving me crazy… I know this line… I feel like its a song lyric… but it keeps escaping me… What. The. Hell. Talking Heads had a movie? I guess it’s Stop Making Sense… The My Girlfriend is Better lyric, I knew it. I had to find it. But, I’ve never seen this movie.

LOL I just got the

and

So many good clues… You should go again!

3 Likes

That’s right! (This is Sun_Hawk on my phone) you go!

3 Likes

I gotta start thinking of more…

“Did you ever pick your claws in Poughkeepsie?”
A renegade detective inadvertently unravels an international raptor smuggling ring. Based on a true story.

3 Likes

Oh my God! You’re a fucking genius! I must have watched it a hundred times! Ill fitting clothes, of course! Congratulations You_Know_Me!

I’m kinda drunk, gonna rewatch it NOW!!!

3 Likes

Sad days…

Salad days…

Any takers? The anticipation is killing me.

Hints?

That quote is super searchable.

Starring… Gene Raptorman

2 Likes

@You_Know_Me, you know me, if I knew it I’d say it, but if I know it I don’t know I do.

2 Likes