The Raptor Game

Some time ago I came up with this idea for a game: take a movie, substitute the main character with a velociraptor and describe what happens. The others will have to guess the title of the movie. Wanna try?

Rules:

• the raptor behaves like a raptor, not like a human, so there’s usually a plot-twist (had a guy once who chose wall-e and said the raptor finds a plant on a planet while cleaning up :man_facepalming:)

• it’obviously suggested to describe an iconic scene of the movie or at least to give enough contextual information, of course without making it too easy

• the first to guess will be the next to choose a movie

• To avoid getting stuck, after 7 wrong guesses (depending on the participation the number can change) the title shall be announced and the one who tried first will continue the game

I’ll start easy: a woman wants to kill herself. She’s ready to jump into the cold water, when Raptor comes and saves her from an agonizing death… eating her head.

14 Likes

Titanic?

5 Likes

Yes!!! I love this kind of games.

3 Likes

Right. yebellz next

2 Likes

A giant raptor rampages through New York City. It tries to climb the Empire State Building, but struggles given its ill-suited forelimbs. Eventually it succumbs to gunfire from aircraft.

I also had considered posting something from Jurassic Park, but with the T-Rex substituted with a velociraptor.

9 Likes

King Kong.

4 Likes

Correct!

2 Likes

A woman is known for standing up her grooms at the altar and running away. She finally thinks she found her one true love, but as soon as the groom sees the she-raptor approaching he ends up being the one running away.

9 Likes

I have no clue, yet it sounds so damn familiar!

1 Like

Runaway Bride?

5 Likes

Yep! Your turn.

2 Likes

A woman working as a cleaner in a secret government laboratory comes across a strange creature being held captive by the lab. It turns out to be a velociraptor, which promptly kills and devours her.

7 Likes

The shape of water

4 Likes

You got it!

A woman is cooking. From another room she hears the sound of death and destruction. “I didn’t see that coming” she thinks. A raptor smashes the door and enters the room. It’s covered in blood and there’s a spoon stuck in its teeth. She turns calmly toward it and says “Don’t worry about… well, nevermind.”

6 Likes

Hm, this seems difficult.

1 Like

That is…an uncommon movie plot.

4 Likes

Can we ask questions?

I know, I tried a tricky one. Let’s put it like this. She’s rather surprised she didn’t see it coming. The woman’s baking biscuits. And sorry, I rewatched the scene on youtube to be sure, the raptor cannot smash the door, since there is none just before the kitchen.

I might give you some very general information, since you could ask me something too specific. The fourth rule is there to motivate you to do your best. I’ll add this: it’s a very mainstream movie.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m totally off, but the

Part seems oddly familiar.

I’m really raking my brain… I love the idea of this game :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: the question was if it’s a horror movie.

1 Like