The Second Go Battle Royale ⚔

You never even suggested that you wanted me to play J10. Also, it would have been an empty triangle with very very few liberties; and if Gold had continued with J9 as you say, the Cerulean stones would be in atari. One single liberty away from certain death. That’s not peaceful at all.

The Cerulean Kingdom wonders about Gold’s impenetrable reasoning.

1 Like

I was about to do so, but you moved your armies without a discussion and before I had a chance to state it.
Had you played J10, you could have played F10 after to give your stones two eyes.
But, your bloodlust led you to a worse outcome for yourself.

Nonsense. There is an Orange stone at F10.

If I had played at J10, you would have played atari at J9 (you already said so), and assuming none of the other four players captured my stone, I would have had to play at H10, resulting in a horrible, liberty-lacking shape for the five Cerulean stones:

May I kindly suggest that the Gold Empire nominates a new Minister of Disinformation? The lies of the current Gold Minister of Disinformation don’t even make sense!

2 Likes

Blue is considering jumping to D6. Does anybody have an issue with that move?

1 Like

I made a mistake. I meant G10 in that discussion. I now see that J9 would have put you in atari. Like I said earlier, I did not have enough time to look at it carefully before you played.

That’s fine with me.

Regarding my interests in that area. I would like to eventually play A9, B8, C7, C6, A6, A7

1 Like

It looks like I would not even get close to that area. I do not mind.

1 Like

Ok D6 it is:

battle_royale2_06

Next is Green (@yebellz)

1 Like

@ArsenLapin1’s turn

1 Like

The Cerulean Kingdom predictably connects at H10:

Next is Orange @sokoslav

1 Like

Orange decides to support his ally and to protect our own independence at the same time.
I hope to face no further escalation and finally return to settling up N3 outpost which I find really urgent as well.

2 Likes

The Cerulean Kingdom would like to offer a truce to the Gold Empire @NeilAgg. Moves like J10 and H10 are dame. You’re losing liberties, I’m losing liberties, and importantly we’re not accomplishing anything. Meanwhile, all four other players are extending their groups on the board.

I will not cut at G8. Even if I did want to kill you, that would be too dangerous for me. It would cost me three moves (cut at G8, then capture at G10, then connect at G9) for no benefit.

Red plays O8:

https://multicapturego.antontobi.com/?size=15&players=@antonTobi@NeilAgg@martin3141@yebellz@mafidufa@ArsenLapin1@sokoslav&moves=ngggbbfbedccffnikgflbjidhegknneijlmjdebmmmnmiibeibgdiedfnjlehmkijdddeenejhbdkkfeeccemflfembgdliknljfjmmkhgmbnchhfkgbighjndifdjcihffgnh

@NeilAgg up next.

2 Likes

It is strange that you are offering this now, after your failed invasion of our space.

The Great Golden Empire moves armies to G8:

2 Likes

What failed invasion?

You just tried cutting through a bamboo joint. Unsurprisingly, that didn’t work. But it cost us both a move for no reason. I’d like to avoid such time-wasting exchanges in the future. Forcing moves are sometimes considered “free” in 2-player go, but in 7-player go they’re a clear loss for both players.

You are admonishing me for placing armies at J10, but you are convieniently forgetting your move at H9. How many wasted moves did that cause?

Your move at J10 has no consequences at all other than making us both expand a move, and removing liberties from us both. I am not admonishing you for it ; I am merely pointing out that it is neither in your interest nor in mine that we keep wasting moves and liberties for no reason.

H9 has several consequences. One of these consequences is that you are now 15 points behind Red in territory, so that you cannot hope to win unless Red is taken out.

I disagree with you. I am just going to leave it at that.

Blue connects back with E6:

battle_royale2_07

Next is Green (@yebellz)

1 Like