The Second Go Battle Royale ⚔

Dear Orange @sokoslav, I would like to reach a consensus on the G10 and G11 points. I would like to see them filled in either by you or me. Do you have a preference on who does it?
Also, I would like to eventually take F8 to connect my stones. If you play G7 and F6, that will give you an open space.

Red @antonTobi, earlier you said you would cooperate with us. In that vein, I kindly ask you not to play N11 so my stones have one open liberty in that space. Is that acceptable to you?

2 Likes

I think the rules are similar enough that we can think of it as part of the same “series” :slight_smile:

(I went ahead and changed the name)

3 Likes

N11 would fill no purpose to me (except if I was trying to get you captured), so you have my word that I will not play it unless I’ve run out of other options.

1 Like

For the time being Orange is not going to take G10 (and, as a consequence, G11). But I may consider this option after current cycle finishes.

Do you mind if I take them?

1 Like

Thank you!

No, I do not think it contradicts our interests in any way.

Thank you! I’m a little busy today. I will make my move tomorrow.

1 Like

The Great Golden Empire moves armies to G10:

Next is @martin3141

3 Likes

Dear Orange (@sokoslav),

do you have plans for the construction in the south? Blue would like to play J2 eventually, and would leave K2 to Orange. That leaves enough space for Orange to build two eyes (with K1, M3 and M1) without disrupting Greens (@yebellz) plans.
If Orange plays K2, Blue will feel the need to answer with J2. But we would be happy to postpone this exchange and promise to leave K2 for Orange.

2 Likes

That is fine, thank you. Orange is OK with immediate J2. I was going to ask you for this exchange eventually.

1 Like

Blue turns at C14:

battle_royale2_11

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Over to Green (@yebellz)

2 Likes

Dear Orange @sokoslav,

As you have noticed, Blue and Gold are conspiring to wipe the Cerulean Kingdom off the face of Gobania.

Gold is making moves against my H11 group, while Blue is making moves against my C13 group. I might not be able to survive if they attack on both fronts while I can only defend one front at a time.

May I ask what are your plans for survival of your H6 group? The way I see it, you can make one eye at H5, but that’s it. Once the Cerulean stones are killed, neither Gold nor Blue will have any incentive to protect the common liberties that you have with them, so when the time comes to fill the dame, they will certainly fill your liberties before filling in their own territory. This means that if Cerulean is eliminated, then your group at H6 is probably the next to die.

Do you have plans to counter that dreadful scenario? Orange has been Cerulean’s only sincere ally in this game, so I’d hate for us both to be the next two eliminated players.

Please let me know what you think.

Yours,
Cerulean Kingdom.

3 Likes

Dearest leader of Cerulean Kingdom!
Do not be afraid of dying. I am very sure that without help of Green even united forces of Blue and Gold would not be able to crush you. D13 will protect you from Blue for a long time, and there is a lot of hidden liberties you posses. Also I want to assure you that I am not interested in losing an ally.
Regarding your question:

May I ask what are your plans for survival of your H6 group?

First of all, I do not agree with the

neither Gold nor Blue will have any incentive to protect the common liberties that you have with them

part.
Conversely, Orange fully depends on Blue. This is strong symbiotic relationship: until Orange depends on Blue, Blue can rely on Orange in all ways. In the extreme scenario Orange would be forced to do what Blue wants. At the same time, while Orange is sure Blue is not going to kill them, there is no need to protect that group in any other way, because invading inside Orange-Blue dames would be fatal for the invader.
There is no way for Orange to escape from this relationships for the time being, and actually no reason to.

Now I can share my further plans: I am going to play E8 to build 2-space eye for the F9 group. This is going to be my next move if nothing strange happens.

3 Likes

Blue will not try to extort Orange (@sokoslav). Even if we wanted to, Blue could not capture H6 without help of Yellow (@NeilAgg) or Green (@yebellz).

Our peaceful relationship with Orange has been pleasant and profitable for Blue (and hopefully also for Orange), and we are happy to support the H6 group for a long time.

3 Likes

Cerulean,
does the night strike fear in your heart? If so - good!
But do not despair. Blue promised to support Yellow retaliating against Cerulean, and we keep our word. But if you endure, and luck is on your side … who knows? Cerulean may see the rise of dawn again.

4 Likes

The Great Golden Empire offered Orange a mutually beneficial way to make a second eye for that group at G6. Perhaps you missed that.

2 Likes

I will play M4

@ArsenLapin1

2 Likes

How could Orange possibly make an eye at G6? That doesn’t make sense.

I already mentioned the possibility for Orange and Gold to cohabit in a seki, but that would require Gold to play at F6, and you specifically said that you did not want to do that.

The Cerulean Kingdom desperately tries to survive and plays at G11:

Next is Orange @sokoslav

2 Likes