It’s monday!!!

• 73 games left, 102 players involved, 30 groups
  • 3 completed games
  • one disqualified player
  • 2 players completed all their games

8 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Perhaps the rule should be, the moment every game that is not finished in a tournament is paused, in each of the paused games the player with the most time left wins!

Then when it’s down to one game, the player with more time would immediately hit pause. And the same would of course happen with the second-to-last, etc.

I’m thinking of having it only apply if in every game that’s paused, the player with more time left isn’t the one who paused it. But I’m thinking of something better than that . . .

Is there another place on the forums that does document anorak’s guidance. It seems to me in a tournament with a time increment of 1 week, that pauses for a year are a bit excessive. Unless a player is in a coma, I don’t know of much that I would accept as justification for that long.

2 Likes

No user here with this name.

2 Likes

anorak (Britain, slang) A person with an unusual or obsessive interest in a niche subject.

idk seems like we’ve got quite a few :joy:

8 Likes

Don’t need to be in a coma. You may like to play go when there are no clouds in the sky which could be very rare in some places.

@BHydden was talking about anoek’s latest guidance, not anorak’s guidance. Just a typo it seems.

2 Likes

Nothing public. Just internal discussions. Officially pauses are still allowed.

1 Like

No changes since last week

6 Likes

Hm, did I mistakenly come to work yesterday and today? Is it Monday yet?

3 Likes

down to 72 games left… with no-result

1 Like

On monday I took a day off.

How do you call the working day between two holidays, when workers may take a day off and have an extra long week-end?
In Italian we call it “ponte” (bridge).

As @peteg said, one game ended since last update.
One player resigned from tournament.
One player completed all his games.
72 games left, 101 players involved, 30 groups

3 Likes
1 Like

Αργία Δημοσίου (public sector holiday), because it’s basically a given public sector won’t function that day. Public sector especially likes its holiday-adjacent days here. Officially or unofficially.

Rest of us plebs might take a day off and call it by the number of days, for example “I’ll take Friday off and make it a four-day (τετραήμερο)”.

2 Likes

Brückentag in German. Bridge-day.

3 Likes