Note that I did not try to predict how long that last game will take!
no changes so far
- 59 games left, 84 players involved, 25 groups
- 6 completed games
- one disqualified player
- 10 players completed all their games
- 4 groups completed all their games
Ooooh, big week
8 days later…
- 57 games left, 82 players involved, 25 groups
- 2 completed games
- 2 players completed all their games
6 days later: no changes.
Seems like 56 games for the start of 2023
@Lys Would it be easy for you to determine the median number of moves in all completed games so far (preferably non timeouts, and non disqualified players)
Actually, I don’t remember.
I can for sure filter out timeouts and disqualified players.
I already have some information about single games but can’t recall which ones, so I can’t say if I have the number of moves played for each game. I have to dig my database.
When I manage to make next update I should be able to tell you. Probably tomorrow.
Average would be fine too, just trying to get a feel for how long a typical completed game is for this tournament. Of course since we are in the long tail now, may not be representative of much for this round.
Ten days later. First 2023 update: happy new year everybody!
- 54 games left, 78 players involved, 23 groups
- 3 completed games
- 2 disqualified players, one resigned
- 4 players completed all their games, two of them with nine wins
- 2 groups completed all their games
I just checked my database: unfortunately I just download main data for each game, so I don’t have details about moves. I can say how many days but I don’t know how many moves. Sorry.
Games should also have a timestamp for start and finish in their metadata:
So if you’ve saved the metadata you might have a way to write a script to calculate how long each game lasted
EDIT: Oh, right, by “how long”, they were specifically asking about the number of moves, sorry
Yes, Happy new year. Thanks for checking about the move count.
12 days later:
- 50 games left, 72 players involved, 22 groups
- 4 completed games
- 1 player resigned
- 6 players completed all their games
- 1 group completed all its games
Five and a half months to go from 100 to 50 games. The end of the round is in sight!
But the curve is flattening!
Don’t you worry about that. The Big Freeze will not allow it.