Through the Years: Long Correspondence

Hahaha, let’s see … and yeah, maybe I’m just getting old.

But I did ask for “one sentence or two”—a real troll would almost certainly answer <cough> in epic scale <cough>.

Also: you’re welcome—we all appreciate some entertainment, eh? :wink:

1 Like

We could better have statistics on trolling on this tournament as on when the first round will finish

Finally I have a motivation for that! :rofl:

Thanks for the good laugh.

2 Likes

TEN THOUSAND GAMES!!!

(how isn’t this a complete sentence???)

3 Likes

It’s a legit saga

3 Likes

No verb included.

2 Likes

Funny how this doesn’t have a verb either.

2 Likes

Thanks for the entertainment. What you say in the above quote, sound like that joke. Please put the internet for me on this diskette. Since the idea of trolling was brought up, I looked up the definition. And the troll is the one stirring up the spirits, not the one trying to clear up things.

You know a smart guy was saying. A great challenge of this world is to know enough about a subject to think that you are right, but not enough, to know that you are actually wrong.

If you really think that all you have done after my milestone post is right, and I was wrong we can start a new thread dedicated to analyzing it. And we can invite whoever you think that is required. A psychologist, I may be insane, there a plenty ones on the loose, an lawyer, abuses are sometimes easy to slip unnoticed, but a lawyer may catch them easier. And also whoever you think that is necessary to help.

I will make the effort to participate if you are willing to be honest. I am old enough to know a thing or two. And things like the one in the above quote does not honor you.

Sometimes we get caught up in a disagreement, just because we don’t want to back down. Looking back in a month, we wouldn’t be able to remember what was so important about it, or why we kept pushing.

This would be a good time to just let it fall to the ground for the wind to take it.

To all involved, please.

2 Likes

• 38 games left, 56 players involved, 17 groups
  • 2 completed games, that means 10000 completed games overall
  • 3 players completed all their games
  • 1 groups completed all its games

6 Likes

Funny it has (to include)

“Included” is not the verb here.

The verb would be “is” which isn’t there.

I have done that twice. I said stop, in a clear way.

But I was asked some questions, So I had to answer. Leaving it unanswered would have been interpreted as and admission of being wrong. And nobody said explicitly that is tired of the controversy.

Sure, some may say that whoever is bothered has the option to leave the forum. But this is will be rude. So to be sure that I will not spam the thread repeating over and over the same things because of repeated questions I will answer future questions issues or whatever only if are addressed to me in a new thread dedicated to this subject. As I already proposed.

If I get some other new question comment, insult, or whatever, as previously, I will ignore it. Not because I do not have an answer, but because it is not fair to those who are not interested in this subject, and because the question is not addressed in a separate discussion where only those interested will be present.

Fun fact.

In 4 years of OGS membership,I posted 3 comments on these forums.

And because I am unable to clear up misunderstandings or disagreements in a sentence, maxim two, some of us jumped to the conclusion that I am a troll.

OGS begs to differ.

OGS awarded me the badge of enthusiast. :))
https://forums.online-go.com/badges/45/enthusiast?username=bumer

1 Like

:yawning_face:

1 Like

Since it ends with “included”, I think this could be interpreted as a conjugation of the verb “to include”.

I maintain that the verb technically is “is” (or “was”) and “Included” is part of the conjugation but not a verb.

If it’s the verb, then the subject is the verb, and very rudely it didn’t include something.

2 Likes

Well, the important thing is that we’ve made this all about linguistics.

5 Likes

And rudeness!

2 Likes

Through the Years: Linguistics on OGF

6 Likes