Tournament board sizes

I think it would be cool if we could set up unranked tournaments with larger or non standard board sizes. I was gonna set one up today to play on 21x21 in correspondence and was sad to find out I couldn’t.

Might even be cool to add the ability to fork games so people can even set up sunjang baduk tournaments if they wanted too but this sounds a lot harder.

(Obviously this would all be unranked tournaments.)

5 Likes

You could set one up manually, i.e. just manage the tournament offline…?

This one’s not for me though. Takes me long enough to get through a 19x19 game. I don’t need even more places to play, LOL.

2 Likes

Or even better when more important things are out of the way we could just add this to OGS so we don’t have to do it manually.

Of course doing it manually was already thought of :-). But, this was in the suggestion for future things people would like to see. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think it’s just the front end that prevents things like this, right? Isn’t that how they were able to create the 25x25 tournament? As I understand it the server will create it just fine if asked, there’s just no way to tell it to do so via the tools provided by the website. I could be totally wrong, though.

1 Like

Really?
So did @S_Alexander manage to create the 25x25 tournament using a direct call to API?
Impressive!

1 Like

Also things like this bad boy:

3 Likes

We need a tutorial! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s my understanding.

1 Like

I thought he created the Hunting at Night tournament with anoek’s help. Or maybe that’s just how I understood it: “The tournament is approved by anoek. The games won’t affect the ranking even though they will be marked as ranked.” (link to tournament page)

5 Likes