Trophies to winners 🏆 (aka winner-marker in game history)

Oh, sorry about that - we can obscure it again :blush: I’m conscious of the potential confusion with tourney trophies. We explored options, but nothing says “winner” like a trophy! (Or a winner column :wink: )

5 Likes

*tips hat*

1 Like

Nothing says “winner” like a prize actually, but we all play for posterity. :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

2 Likes

Trophies can be a prize, even pixel ones :joy:

1 Like

By “we” I meant “y’all”, I play for the inherent comedy.

6 Likes

I support this, especially if it’d be a switch at the top of the table. The primary information you want to get from the table is “who won”. It’s only secondary that “who was black”.

Now column is used to signify color (black or white), while color (green or purple) is used to signify victory. It’d be more logical to signify victory by column, and use color to signify color.

My only concern is with handicap games. I think the table should already show handicap (it’s more important than color in itself). And when handicap is present color becomes a significant piece of information.

3 Likes

Maybe the black circle could have a number inside indicating number of handicap stones?

3 Likes

Same

For me, I back up my results & the random color order would cause issues with my log
That might be a rare conflict though :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

I’m curious to hear more about this backup in which it sounds like you copy lines from your history rather than downloading the sgf as you finish each game, the latter sounding more simple to me?

1 Like

I actually do both
I download the SGFs of the games for review, but for the log I copy the results & stick it in an excel file that then formats the data. I also have some graphs that I use to look get a quick snapshot of how i’ve been playing in terms of winning % and opponent ratings.

This is mostly because I play on a a couple different servers & this lets me compile everything relatively painlessly.

2 Likes

fair enough :slight_smile: nice

have you seen G0t Stats?

obviously doesn’t help with the “plays on multiple servers” thing but could give you some neat ideas about stats you may not be tracking yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, but I will definitely check that out.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hm, I don’t know, I think there’s information to who was black and it being easy to tell so. (and handicap, if applicable, maybe an H? Unless the results window width is optimized, I think too much information will make it cluttered and even harder to navigate)
It feels weird to have winner always first, since I never see results in any sport that way. Usually the order is predetermined and the winner is bold or has some symbol :trophy:next to their name. The score next to each name usually gives it away as well.

3 Likes

Sometimes home team is first but second most common after that is victor first.

1 Like

28 posts were split to a new topic: Update of Game History Table

I see the rank was added below the color punkt.
A. It’s humiliating. :crying_cat_face:
B. It makes want to drag the excel cells to “fit to content”. :angry:

2 Likes

Already sorted.

Well, I stopped following that thread when it branched off to a discussion of the inner circle. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Already sorted you mean it’s fixed? Because it still shows ugly on my page).

Umm :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Then it’s already queued, not sorted. But maybe I misunderstood the term. :woman_shrugging: