Undo Auto Agree and Minus Score -1?

Very simple, just don’t post on this horrible forum. :joy:

As for you sometime misclick, just don’t. :rofl:

1 Like

or lead to innovations in your games.
See a misclick as an opportunity and not as a mistake.

2 Likes

In another game, Shin Jinseo granted his opponent undo without his opponent asking.

3 Likes

It might be instructive when someone requests an undo, to show how many undos (%) they’ve granted themselves.

1 Like

I expected it to be obviously absurd (a little joke), but perhaps that wasn’t as obvious as I imagined.

4 Likes

In the 2008 WMSG (Beijing “olympic” of mind sports) the final game in the individual category went to be between a north Korea and a south Korea player.
The North Korean player made a small mistake at the very end, but the South Korean player let him undo, and lost the game by 1 point.
The SK federation wanted to put a claim but the SK player refused as a friendship act.

4 Likes

Poe’s Law strikes again!

1 Like

Two other nice ones in this context.

1 Like

I was aware of both these ideas but didn’t know their names, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

I often find it difficult to tell exactly which of those laws apply to any particular statement made by Putin (and many public figures who seem to be in his camp).

“Absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

I was unfamiliar with Poe’s Law, googled it and ran into these two of whom I knew Godwin but not Hanlon.

1 Like

Once you’re aware of it, you’ll notice Poe’s Law comes up a lot in any text based discussion.

Absurd / sarcastic arguments are often mistaken for and refuted as genuine beliefs.

With Putin it’s maybe more Reverse Poe’s Law. It’s so absurd that you think it’s impossible that he really believes what he says, but then it becomes clear that he does (maybe?).

More like reverse hanlon. So stupid it HAS to be malice.

1 Like

Low level players’ misclicks make better moves.

• I come here to discuss whether undo-score to be implemented or not, just like time-score of ING Rule does.

• But several members come here for making fun of others not for implementing undo-score.

• I will follow Sofia Malatesta to quit OGS, bye everyone, you will never see my post again, @txwolf

This has been well known by generations of writers, especially in the newspaper business. (It amazes me how often internet people think they have discovered gravity.) Signaling the satire, either directly or by being obviously absurd (an unreliable signal, as in Swift’s famous “A Modest Proposal”), was once an expectation in newspaper and magazine writing. That standard has fallen away only in my lifetime (pre-internet).

A deeper explanation for the phenomenon was noted by G. K. Chesterton. In the 1930s, he declared that satire was dead, because satire requires a ground (in the artistic sense) in normalness, but in modernity, normalness has disappeared. In other words, in a time when nothing is absurd, satire is impossible.

5 Likes

But basic problem is that the consequences of an undo are not similar to an overtime. (As already pointed)

Sorry, we thought your serious proposition was absurd and we took seriously gennan’s absurd proposition. I guess we spent too much time reading the thread Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented.

1 Like

Well your proposal was discussed. Some people pointed out issues with it and nobody seemed to be much in favour of it. I feel I wasn’t making fun of you, but I admit making fun of your proposal.

Even if we all agreed it was a great idea, that still wouldn’t mean it would be implemented any time soon, or even at all.

Reality won’t always match your hopes and expectations.

3 Likes