Unique professional openings

As one of the comments said. Not sure about the sexist angle, but it looks disrespectful. In any case he played less optimally on purpose.

The Baduk TV interview says he did it for the fans. [ํ›„ํ† ํฌ] ๐Ÿ”ฅ๊ทธ๋•Œ ์™œ ๊ทธ๋žฌ์–ด์š”?๐Ÿ”ฅ ์ด์ œ์„œ์•ผ ๋ฐํ˜€์ง€๋Š” '์ตœ์ •' ์„ ์ˆ˜์™€์˜ ์ด๋ฒคํŠธ ๋Œ€๊ตญ ๋น„ํ•˜์ธ๋“œ! - YouTube At least thatโ€™s what I got from auto-translate.

1 Like

playing less optimally on purpose โ†’ disrespectful? :thinking:

I guess nowadays you canโ€™t play any experimental opening without being labelled as disrespectful.

3 Likes

Some people are too focused on the minutiae of communication these days.

What, is the Bermuda triangle opening a โ€œmicroaggressionโ€? Please.

One is free to play whatever opening one likes in this game.

3 Likes

Relevant thread on L19, 2016

Uh, yes. Didnโ€™t Go Seigenโ€™s experimental openings piss a lot of people off?
I mean if you know certain openings is less optimal, and play it anyways, Iโ€™ll assume youโ€™re looking down on your opponents. Or at least didnโ€™t think the match is important enough.

Well anyways, the Korean video says he did it for the fans.

I disagree. Rare openings are creative and interesting at any level.

Yamashita Keigo played many novel ideas in his title matches in the 2000s, and Iโ€™ve never heard of anyone casting his practice as disrespect.

3 Likes

Not to mention, playing experimentally and losing seems like pretty humiliating to me.

Who knows?
Nowadays Iโ€™m more bored of the new post AI openings as of experimentations

1 Like

Donโ€™t be humiliated by that. More humiliating is losing with a well known opening. Like you just wasted time when studying.

2 Likes