Update of Game History Table

There wouldn’t be a empty row, there would just be less rows.

1 Like

Ah, that would be fine for me then.
I don’t if the general consensus would mind, but it doesn’t seem that bad. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess it’s just slightly confusing. I imagine it would be something that would be reported back as a bug - “I have it set to display 25 games but the list is showing less that that when I toggle this feature” - and then explaining its semi-intentional, at least until it gets more support.

It’s kind of like putting putting the trophy beside the opponents name when you’re the one who won. It confusing the first time you see it and regardless of whether we can quickly adjust to it, confusion probably leads to reports, would be my guess.

5 Likes

I think as long as “hide annulled games” is an opt-in feature, maybe even one that doesn’t persist beyond page refresh? Then that would severely limit how likely people are to think the missing rows are an error…

If anything, it might generate enough user desire for further upgrades in this area to motivate anoek to bump up its priority :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll just make annulled rows greyed out.

4 Likes

Except dates are already grey and names colour is important, maybe make the whole row strike through rather than just the result?

3 Likes

I dunno - I quite like it:

10 Likes

That’s not bad… greying actually is pretty good

2 Likes

Merge request for this edition now up on GitHub

Since the trophy symbol is giving information about the result, wouldn’t it be most easy to interpret if it was put at the beginning of that column?

1 Like

When “reading” the line, would you say “white won on this date” or “the winner was white on this date”?

Personally, I think the current order is best.

1 Like

As the color column is always filled, but the trophy column isn’t, it wouldn’t probably look better if the trophy column is on the far left.

3 Likes

“John won the game as black on 2020-08-14.”

Seeing annulled games is essential to moderating. Will we have the power to override the filter?

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t really been following the latest in this thread, but what just happened to our game history tables?

It seems that all of the annulled games are now completely blanked in the table. This makes it very hard to find a particular annulled game, which even regular users might want to do for various reasons. I guess the only work around is hovering over to see the username of the opponent in the URL, but the names of the games and outcomes are hidden.

Just because a game is annulled, it doesn’t mean that we want to completely forget about it. For example, two players might play a entire game that goes normally, but is then ruined only by a scoring error (or score cheating) which leads to it being annulled after moderator review. However, either player might still want to find that game again to review it’s moves, but blanking the entry in the table makes it harder to find among other annulled games.

Can’t the page just request more games?

yes, it looks like bug

and why gold trophies are needed if green / pink result column exists anyway?

1 Like

I think it’s for color-blindness accessibility.

1 Like

Fellas I just wanted to say the work on the table has been great. Removing the black/white jumble columns is a good idea. Thanks all!

2 Likes

Anoek has fixed the bug, annulled games are visible now

2 Likes