Recently there has been some discussion of OGS ranks not aligning well with those of other servers and organizations. Our team of mathematical and technical experts has been working night and day on a solution, which we are now preparing to implement.
Your new rank ® will be based on the following formula:
R = 3x – (p*r)/2 + y(ζ – 1)
Where r is your current win-loss record, p is your current rating, x is number of games you have played on OGS, y is your user ID number, 2 is the KGS factor, 3 is the AGA factor, 1 is the EGF factor, and ζ, your user quotient, which is unique to each user and is calculated based on the following factors:
• if you have played more than 5 games against random bot
• if you have ever tried to change your name to some variant of “crodgers”
• if you have a pirate flag
• if you ever put up an open challenge for a 2x2 game
• if your profile page crashes most browsers.
The mathematical formula determining the degree to which these factors affect your user quotient is proprietary.
We expect that your new OGS ranking should align properly with those of all other systems.