Wake UP Austria! 25/26 February (Online Go Tournament)

Tengen!

Like last year “You are welcome #1”, we are trying to revive the Austrian tournament scene. For this purpose we are currently in the midst of organizing an online tournament (hungryhippos.club → Events → Wake UP Austria!) again (procedure like a classic offline tournament) on February 25th/26th, 2023.
This online tournament will also help cover the expenses of our offline tournaments (Tyrolian Masters April 29th/30th, 2023 and Vienna International October 7th/08th, 2023).

We are happy to be announce that our event will also be streamed again under the following link: https://twitch.tv/HungryHippos_Support. The comments will be made in german and will cover the entirety of all played boards, not only the best.
It is a matter of great importance to us to therefore be able to share information with all players not only those at the top boards.

We would be happy to see as many of you as possible whether it be by participating in our tournament or as a viewer in the stream!

If you have any questions, feel free to send them to me via Discord (Invitationlink: “jUvhkn4vsz”) (Bernd Theodor | Hippopotamus#3872) or in the #go-turniere thread.

Keep Sente!

Bernd Theodor “Hippopotamus” Breyer

Chairman of D.E.K. Hungry Hippos

7 Likes

Great idea! The direct registration link: registration-form

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:t6:

We are happy about the great response yet, but we need at least 2 more players to play at the tournament!

Thank you

Hi. How can it help with the costs for your offline tournaments? I didn’t see any costs or payment links

It’s written here: https://www.hungryhippos.club/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/EN_Wake-Up-Austria.pdf (first link in the original post).

Hello,
The proceeds that are made by the entrance fees (20 or more) of the online tournament will then be covering a part of the costs for the offline tournaments.
Regarding the payment info you can see all the details in the description under “Entry Fee”.
I hope i could help!

I want to remind everyone who reads this of our tournament tomorrow. Live commentary will be provided (in German) during all rounds of the tournament by yours truly, Peter Neubauer 2-dan, on this Twitch channel: Twitch

Ich möchte alle, die dies lesen, an unser Turnier morgen erinnern. Die Partien werden in Echtzeit durchgehend kommentiert von mir, Peter Neubauer 2-dan, und zwar auf folgendem Twitch-Kanal: Twitch

3 Likes

@Allerleirauh Well, since you mentioned it, now you have to give me a review :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

We reviewed it on stream too. :slight_smile: Timestamp 5:40

3 Likes

Well, since I reached international notoriety heights (or lows :thinking: ) it’s Gia, like the j in joseki, not like the g in goban. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, I don’t talk about you outloud, but I shall correct my internal dialogue. (I also wrongly assumed Gia like goban)

I have same problem haha constantly getting “bye-den” or “be-high-den” instead of “be-hidden”

1 Like

Oh god, you are being confused with Biden?

Be high dan?

2 Likes

Horrifically, yes. People have interpreted by handle, which I have used for many many years, as support for Biden.

/shudders

1 Like

Hahahaha oh I like that but it’s never gonna happen :rofl: maybe low dan one day… we’ll see

Thank you for the reviews!

Fun tournament, would participate again :star:

7 Likes