Werewolf Game 1

:flushed: I am so glad we changed our plan

3 Likes

I think we can all agree that only dumb luck allowed two goofy wolves, me and @RubyMineshaft, to win. If we play more I don’t think winning like this will fly.

On the first night we tried to come up with a good bluff but it was all so dangerous. So we basically chickened out and went into the second day hoping for the best.

I appreciate @Vsotvep being brave enough to go out there and stir everything up (unlike us two). And how the hell did you get us on the first day. That was so insane.

On the second day I was trying to be so careful not to say anything that would change village mind like playing a jenga tower while counting down the hours until the deadline.

I nominate @fiddlehead as the best player of the game. All your words were so convincing and on point. I felt that if you pushed just a little bit harder it could all fall apart very easily. After all you almost knew everyone’s cards. Maybe you could’ve laid out who is who, or pushed the truthful statement about losing in case of your execution, or simply revealed your card to see who will contest that.

In the end we had 50/50 of executing protector but if we executed villager, for example. And couldn’t kill anyone at the night. Then 2 villagers, 2 wolves and 1 lunatic. And probably everyone knows the cards. How would voting there go? I’ll expand on it more in the sister topic but I feel lunatic breaks the game somewhat.

6 Likes

Can you share your plan? Just to get into the mindset.

When I attacked Vsotvep for using emotionally manipulative language, he downplayed it as an attempt on his part (successful I would say) to pump up the humour. Looking back, that moment may have been more crucial than it perhaps appeared at the time. Can you really straddle those two worlds? Apparently you can, though I wonder if you can do it consistently from game to game. Had this werewolf crisis been real, people would have used such language, and more often than not, they would tend to play that hand early to offset any copycat effect. I guess.

I tried desperatly to create that link in players’ minds, but came up just short.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I completely agree with this. In fact, I specifically avoided saying anything from that point, because Kaos seemed content with his vote and I didn’t want to risk anyone rereading what Fiddle had written.

5 Likes

That was actually true, I would have said the same words if I actually were the seer.

1 Like

Have you people played Werewolf/mafia/town of salem before?

I haven’t, only watched others play.

I was starting to believe @fiddlehead, and my poor attempt was to make @KAOSkonfused trust me over @Vsotvep, which I failed to do.

I don’t think I have. My university years are too long ago, if we played something similar once or twice I simply don’t recall.

I used to play Mafia quite frequently about 10 years ago. While I was living in China my friends and I would play Werewolf quite often, although the rules are a bit different there.

1 Like

Yeah, the lunatic is a real wild card, especially in a game with so few players. It seems very difficult to actually win as the lunatic, and maybe the mechanics of the role need to be adjusted a bit to avoid weird endgames. It was perhaps too hastily added to this game, given the small size, but it did certainly create a lot of drama. Well played @Vsotvep, I think if you had a luckier guess, you might have even pulled it off.

4 Likes

We basically had no plan for real. Two days seem to be a long time but it’s not that long. First day (of night) we heavily discussed bluffing possibilities, and on the second we just went “no, that’s too crazy”. And that’s it. Our plan was to get through the day and really think about a plan on the second night.

4 Likes

Yeah, basically. I had prepared a post claiming to be the seer and actually outing @S_Alexander, but it was contingent on the first night’s kill being successful and the killed having no special role.

We lost our nerve in the end though. The post was longer and more dramatic than my usual posts, so there was a bit of concern that the post itself would out me and then we’d both be screwed.

5 Likes

S Alexander, I came very close to taking one step too many. It would have been along the lines of "Kaos, you infernal nitwit! You’ll be ridiculed for this for the rest of your ogs career! " Then I actually asked myself, can you get flagged in a game of werewolf?

For the record, I don’t consider Kaos an infernal nitwit. He was put in a horrible situation and simply guessed wrong.

6 Likes

I just had absolutely no idea… and feel pretty stupid and guilty now, because it really came down to my decision in the end. :sweat:

Well, I was completely sure that there is something fishy about Gia, as just everything she said somehow sounded suspicious. And she and fiddlehead trying to convince me otherwise today - I perceived that as emotional manipulation, and unfortunately, I didn’t have the time today to look into everything that had been said again.

The thing is, I played werewolf several times in person (never in a forum), usually with about 8 to 14 people, and I was always quite good in finding out who the werewolves are. But here, where everything is only written, my gut feeling simply disappeared and it turned out I was wrong about everything. :flushed:

By the way, I’m on the Autism spectrum and also fall easy for lies in real life, but I don’t know if this really played a role here. Or if it would have helped to have been on on OGS for a while, because when you play with people you don’t know yet, it’s probably harder.

4 Likes

Thanks, yebellz, for organizing everything!

It was definitely fun, and a prove that it works well as a forum game.
And even if I f***ed it up this time, I’d be in for another round.

3 Likes

I guess I have a donkey avatar for a reason. :wink:

1 Like

Well how I see it: You were great in context. We actually had someone that we needed to persuade, and we all had equal chances to do it, and you displayed your ambivalence in a way that made sense, otherwise it would have been a simple game of calculation. I don’t know if anyone else felt the same way, like there were actual stakes, you know? I like winning, but what made it for me was the fight with @Vsotvep over you, even if I lost.

2 Likes

I have very much enjoyed this game as a spectator! Thank you everyone

8 Likes