Werewolf Game 4: Discussion space

—Shush!—prompted Leira quickly covering his mouth.—Hey! @李建澔2, wake up! These dummies have lost their minds. Here, check this out!

—So, Commander Morgan, you were telling me before that these Martians…

—Chi Virginians!, Herr Leira—Günther Morgan rebuked, in mild annoyance.

—Oh yes, pardon me. These “Chi Virginians” have been observing us for thousands of years, and build this huuuuge underground facility to keep us sealed like rats in a lab. I forgot to ask you, how much do you think all of this cost?

Wir sind nicht laborratten! Die Kosten is not a problem for a… Überflusswirtschaft… a… post-scarcity society—Morgan responded, working hard to remember those three words.

—So, you mean, a lot. More than all the money on Earth.

—What ist your point, young man?

—Oh, nothing, nothing. I wondered if you were at all suspicious.

(Former) Commander @Vsotvep, who was listening the conversation, threw out a jovial laughter. He was having the time of his life with all this new technology, but he understood that being teleported just to have your world turned upside down, was quite a shock. He also had been very defensive at first.

—Hear, hear! You don’t need to worry so much, comrade Leira. As we explained before, these aliens truly are peaceful. Just wait until you see how advanced they are! It’ll cheer you up!

—Oh, I’m sorry!—Leira responded—I’ve simply never seen anyone spend that much money, “just for science,” ever; have you, Commander?

Leira did not let him respond.

—You know what does grease a few palms? Profit. You see, I wasn’t actually born in Middle-of-Nowhere, Nevada. The country I was born in no longer exists. I mean, nobody cares, certainly I don’t care, but it was all for profit. It’s just the way it is.—he stated, matter-of-factly.

Both commanders looked at each other like they have missed something Dr. von Zamenhoff. There was clearly something odd about this cadet.

3 Likes

I waked up just now it is like four here

—Ah, Vagabond is awake! Good! You probably want to know what happened.

Commander Vsotvep took out his replacement gloggleglasster and waved his hand with some peculiar motions around it.

—Look, I have recorded everything! You were voted out by the rest of the crew, and they left you to die outside the base, without a suit. See, here you are.

The gloggleglasster started shining, and a mirage-like image of the base formed in the air above it. Vagabond was shown sitting outside, shivering, with a few of the remaining crew members observing until he collapsed to the ground. As soon as the crew had gone back inside and the entry hatch to the base had closed, Vagabond’s unconscious body started glowing, hovered a few centimeters above the ground and disappeared with a white flash.

—See, look at that! Assai saved you, he teleported you to this place just before your condition became critical. Very friendly chap, that Assai. He even showed up not a few minutes later to check if you were okay.

Commander Vsotvep then continued to explain the whole story, that the mimics were harmless and that everybody was safe

—I mean, they are a bit twisted, those aliens. I suggested teleporting everybody at once, but they preferred to continue the observation the rest of the crew in these harrowing circumstances. Said it was important for their research or something. But it’s all in the name of science, they have everything under control, nobody is in danger.

OOC:

This is the place where we can talk about the game while it’s still ongoing. There’s an overview of everybody’s roles and actions in the first post. Leira and I have been role-playing it so far. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OOC: Yeah, man. Incidentally, you were the only one I was right about: not-a-mimic. We are 2 down, let’s see how it unfolds

2 Likes

Meanwhile, as Vsotvep took his time to reiterate the story—something he clearly enjoyed more than either of the other people in the room—Günther offered Leira to visit the canteen.

—Herr Leira, you must be bestimmt auch durstig! You have to try die Biere hier! Lass uns in die Kantine gehen

Günther clearly had ulterior motives, and was hoping to find Dr. von Zamenhoff in a more honest state of mind after a good pint of Martian Pale Ale.

Sagt mir, “von Zamenhoff”, that is a Deutscher Name. Are your parents Deutscher?

4 Likes

Of course, the only things Leira understood were canteen, beer, and ulterior motives; and he was in for all three. However, saying just this would be inaccurate. He could still pick up one or two simple German words here and there.

—Yes, my father is… it’s complicated. But my mother is Japanese.—He reckoned it wouldn’t hurt to tell the truth for once; kind of. Granted, neither was Leira his actual name, nor von Zamenhoff his actual surname, but his father was (kind of) German and his mother (kind of) Japanse. He was merely honoring a long standing family tradition of never ever using one’s own real identity.

Back at Hellas Base, Leira’s room hosted a rather large selection of books1, most of them with their bookmarks within the first 5 pages, and all of them borrowed from diverse selection of libraries around the world. Hidden among this scholarly collection, there was a curious typewritten pamphlet with the title “A brief chronicle of the Daiwa Family” by L.S. Kilroy—on its flyleaf, below the conspicuous seal of the Library of Congress, it read:

- RESTRICTED -
- 32 CFR § 2400.30 -

Requested by: Ms. Ima H. Oaks for the History Dpt. of First April College
June 7th, 2081

Return by: May 31st, 2082

Thinking about his family made Leira even more predisposed to alcoholic consumption (i.e. getting utterly wasted). He asked the machine to fill him his fourth tall glass.

—So, Günther, let’s cut the chase. What is that you wanted to talk about?

1N. N. Lifts had made payloads superfluous by 2084.

It’s D&D time (actually, I’ve never played D&D)! Here’s a question: exactly how drunk is Leira right now? Let’s once again make some rules on the fly:

It’s been established he is a heavy drinker. Let’s say above 15 is barely able to be coherent. 25 gets him unconscious.

1 beer: d4
1 large beer: d6
1 pint: d8

@discobot roll 4d8

2 Likes

:game_die: 1, 5, 5, 8

It looks like we will soon be joined by fiddlehead, unless Assai manages to convince his colleagues to take a different course of action within the next 1.5 hours.

Who will be the next MED victim, oh glorious god of random.

@discobot roll 1d11

:game_die: 5

Mother of… :scream:

EDIT: Ok, here is your chance @Vsotvep . You get a very honest Leira :sweat_smile:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

5 means KAOSconfused will be the one.

Oh dear… I’ll have to make use of this as soon as I figure out what Günther’s goal is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

2088 Jan 28 06:00

@fiddlehead, who had a sleeping pod closest to the entrance of the base, woke up by the noise of someone entering the base. Quickly he got out of the pod and took a peak at the entrance. At the entrance was Starline, looking at some alien artefact of unknown purpose. Fiddlehead froze in place when Starline suddenly looked straight at him with a piercing gaze. Paralysed in fear, fiddlehead did not manage to react at all as he started to float and emit a soft glow. Suddenly there was a white flash, and fiddlehead found himself in the middle of a large room, made of bluish metal. Apart from the lack of windows and doors, the thing that caught his immediate attention, was the large sofa and moreover Commander @Vsotvep, snoring deeply, and @李建澔2, who was playing Scuffle Stars on his Nintendo Swap. @Leira was also present, but was inebriated beyond comprehension.

1 Like

The reason for @Leira’s drunkenness was his night spent at the bar.

2088 Jan 27 23:53

Günther, having lots of experience with German lagers, was ultimately the better drinker of the two. The conversation began friendly, meandering through small-talk topics, passing through common connections of their shared German heritage, kindling Günther’s patriotic heart. He felt sorry for Leira, who told about his father never returning after going out for a cigarette with the sole access to the family bank account, and his mother returning to Japan alone, just to escape the bother of being a mother.

Suddenly, amidst these honest stories, Günther asked:

—So, tell me, why did you come to Mars? You clearly are not a trained Kosmonaut, how did you sneak into our mission? Was ist ihre Motivierung?

1 Like

Duh…whaaa?

Alright, I see there’s no hostile intent here. But keep that Discobot dude away from me, understand?

2 Likes

This is kind of like go kibbitzing isn’t it? Too bad there’s no popcorn.

No, wait. Are you kidding me?

Okay, that’s twice now that Assai has referred to executing someone “this evening.” Is he messing up here? Nobody seems to have picked up on it. Not yet.

1 Like

As soon as fiddlehead had uttered these words, a robotic arm popped out of the ceiling carrying a bag of popcorn, delivering it right to his lap.

That could be a very subtle hint, I like it. I also like how he has referred to Epsilon, me, Leira and you as having disappeared without insinuating we have died. (The mimics are aware of their peacefulness, I gave them a succinct briefing of the situation)

Also, I love reading the conversation between detective Ruby and investigated mimic Gia. Ruby has spoiled to me that he will announce his role as a detective after 24 hours today, if Gia does not give away herself before that. He’s clearly fishing for a misstep.

3 Likes

And unlocked a legendary

2 Likes