Werewolf Game 4: Madness of the Martian Mimics

:white_check_mark:

:man_astronaut: :eye: :eyes: :back: :desktop_computer:

:tea: :hot_face: :thinking: :horse: :man_astronaut:

3 Likes

Yes, please take the time to look back at everything that was said and done before.

I also did that - but especially regarding Assai, I didn’t really find any clues. However, maybe it is kind of a clue that almost everything he said was rather unremarkable.
Also, I’m now more convinced that Samraku/Sports can’t be a mimic, simply because how he was named as a suspect by Gia and Starline several times.

There was this incident, when Assai had MED and Sports pretended to have MED at the same time, and Gia then said something like that she is 99% sure that one of them has to be a mimic - before we knew who was just pretending.
In hindsight, I took that as proof that both Sports and Assai had to be innocent, but now I know I was wrong! It could have meant that, yes.
But it could also mean that, while Assai and Sports both seemed to have MED, Gia could be sure that Assai was not faking - because she knew he was her fellow mimic and he would not have drawn attention to himself by faking MED.
So, Gia could be sure Assai actually had MED, and that Sports was faking MED was very welcome to her, because it was clear that everybody would rather suspect the faking person and not the other one.

3 Likes

:tea: :hot_face: :confused: :horse: :speaking_head: :question:

:horse: :pray: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :cl: :b: :arrow_right: :ab: :cl:

:a: :heavy_dollar_sign: :man_astronaut:
:question:

Do you want me to translate? Yes or no?

Or do you want me to explain what I think? Yes or no?

I think, Assai must be the mimic, but I don’t have any evidence. He has not participated that much in our discussions and never said anything suspicious. I only think he must be the mimic because he is the only remaining suspicious person - from my view. But I get that I probably don’t look any less suspicious to you and @HHG.

However, if you look at what speaks against Assai being a mimic, I believe you will find not many arguments, though. While I hope that my efforts to find the mimics are obvious and underpin my innocence.

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

What I wanted to say with this is:
I took this as evidence for Assai’s innocence,
but it doesn’t prove anything.
When I re-read the thread, I couldn’t find anything particularly suspicious about Assai, but I also couldn’t find anything that would indicate that he must be innocent.
Therefore, I assume he must be the remaining mimic,
and I think that Yebellz came to similar conclusions yesterday, when he said that Assai is more suspicious than I or Samraku, which is why Assai should be killed today.

1 Like

Okay, you can kill me. I see I’m the least unsuspicious, but I can tell you I am just a scientist exploring the universe like you. If you kill me, chances will be 50/50 that we win (or lose), because I’m innocent. I now believe KAOS is innocent, so Samraku must be the remaining mimic. But it’s so hard to figure out which statements are true and which were said to mislead us.

1 Like

Meh… I hope you are lying, because if not, I guess we’re seriously in trouble and might lose. I will try to review everything related to Samraku/Sports again…

I’ll summarize some of what happened on day 2, because I think it’s important:

• Sports fakes having MED
  • Then, Yebellz suspects Leira was onto something when he suspected Sports.
  • Gia: Maybe Leira was not the actual target, but died as a bodyguard.
  • Assai turns out to have MED as well.
  • Immediately afterwards, Gia suspects one of them must be a mimic:
  • Haze and Fiddlehead mostly agree.
  • Yebellz:
  • Assai, Ruby and Gia discussing.
  • a while later, Gia again:

So… I now know that one of them actually is a mimic, and Gia obviously must have known this already back then.
But why did she insist that one of them is a mimic, instead of just staying quiet or pretending to be confused?

Two possibilities:

1. She knew that Assai is a mimic and would not be faking MED, therefore she knew that Sports must be faking and would be an ideal scapegoat.
  2. She knew that Sports is a mimic and was willing to sacrifice him if needed. (But this would mean that she could not be sure if he was faking or not!) She hoped that whoever was faking MED would do so for the whole day, so that it would be easier to make the innocent one look suspicious. Maybe faking MED had come up during the mimics’ discussion at night, but they hadn’t agreed on it and Sports did it anyway?

So, I guess, both versions are possible, but the first one seems more likely to me. Could you, @ginger2008 and @HHG, go through everything related to Sports again, especially what Gia and Starline said? Would it be possible that he is a mimic, but Gia and Starline were willing to sacrifice him, because he made himself look suspicious?

This makes me more confident that you are the elusive last mimic because in the event that you are, you need to cast doubt on my probable innocence in order to prevent us from winning. If you were innocent, it would make more sense to stick with our current plan.

In any event, I think we will win tonight when we kill you.

It seems that back in Day 2, people were convinced (due to one of them faking MED) that Assai or Samraku / Sports were the mimics.

2 Likes

If you were the mimic, you would indeed probably win by killing me.

You seem very uncomfortable by me raising these questions and looking back on who did what.

Not by you, by Assai. I think Assai’s comment which I replied to sounds much more like the desperate plot of a mimic about to be lynched than that of an innocent astronaut.

Okay… It looked as if you were replying to me, not to Assai.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I was on mobile and messed up the formatting.

1 Like

Gia said this on day 2 when several people had suspected Sports and voted to kill him:

A while later, the votes had changed - 3 for Sports 3 for Haze, and Gia said:

So that means, despite of what she said earlier about one of the two people with MED probably being a mimic, she tried to protect Sports and didn’t want to vote for him, although he would have been an ideal target. Not sure how much that really mean, but it could mean that Samraku/Sports is not innocent.

Then a lot happened next:
The votes changed again and were mostly on Haze, until Haze said that he was a bodyguard. Yebellz then suspected Vagabond, some people agreed, and the votes were mostly on Vagabond and on Haze.
At this time, when it was very unlikely Sports would get killed, Gia changed her vote:

So, Gia could do that and make Sports look innocent in hindsight, without endangering him (assuming that he is a mimic).

I’m still not certain about neither Sports nor Assai, which is pretty bad given that the Martian day lasts only 9 more hours and I won’t have much time to discuss here.

Edit:
My vote is on Samraku now.

1 Like

How do you explain that I have only posted 6 fewer times than Assai despite only being here for a couple of days?

I think that Assai is simply someone who doesn’t post much. Yes, that could be a mimic’s tactic - or he could just be a quiet innocent person. Look at HHG and Ginger, they also don’t engage much in our discussions.

But do you know what else supports my thoughts that you might be the last mimic?
You defend yourself very aggressively. And you didn’t put much effort into deciding who you find most suspicious. Which makes sense if you are a mimic, because then it doesn’t matter to you who gets killed today.

Of course, I can’t be 100% sure.
@ginger2008, @HHG, eventually, it all comes down to what you are thinking and believing. You have the power to turn around the vote and decide what will happen tonight.

Well, we all agree that KAOS seems innocent, so if I can’t convince you not to kill me, can we at least go back to targeting Assai once I turn up innocent?

1 Like

From my perspective it’s a bigger gamble to have one shot at choosing between Assai and KAOS, but I think we have a good shot at being right if we kill Assai.