Werewolf Game 5.1: Trouble in Steelwater Bog

I kinda hate my bird’s face but whatever.

Just make sure you don’t drop your bottles.

3 Likes

@kingkaio Please do not remove content from or delete replies. The only edits that are allowed after a post has been submitted are for spelling/grammar/punctuation corrections and additions.

4 Likes

Sorry I changed it back.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll also update the rules to include edit restrictions.

1 Like

–WHOOH! That was a close one!

Papa Roheas shouted with a funny spanish accent, as he barely dodges the “werebird” taking off. Dressed as if he came straight out of a hexa-tecnology lab, wearing a white protective lab coat over the electroconveying pants was making him look out of place.
Adjusts back his obscured protective glasses and continues:

–Interesting guy that one. I don’t see any valid reasons to adopt his strategy though.

Switches the attention back to his forearm where a blue light emitting display was mounted.

– If my calculations are right, as they always are, we stand the best chance of getting out of here alive if we avoid blindly executing someone. We must formulate theories, gather data to support them and only then, with strong objective clues, decide our target. I am sure that with enough time those soulsnapbacker -ahemm… Soulsnatcher will give themselves away.

Embarassed for his misspelling he sets off wandering, avoiding eye contact with his companions. “what the hell was i thinking? everything was going so well… where did that slip come from?”.

8 Likes

Hazel Axeny had gone flying…

Hazel felt kinda lonely and bored ever since they left…

I have to find something to do. I didn’t come here to be miserable and in paranoia this entire trip. I came here to gain combat experience. Milxey won’t let me become an adventurer by myself, and no one wants to join my party. Maybe if I participate in this successful trip, I will be allowed to go solo adventuring. Maybe I’ll even be able to join someone’s party!

But then…

Today Sapphire announced that we have soul-snatchers among us. Apparently they try to take our souls each night. I don’t want my soul to be taken. Dying is one thing, but getting my soul taken is another. I acknowledged the risks when I joined this mission, but this was never on the table. If my soul gets taken, my body will be alive but suffering, and my spirit can be manipulated to destroy Milxey and my family.

To ease their mind…

Hazel decided to go monster hunting. That was what they had come on this trip for anyways. The flew to the section of the bog known for crab monsters and just defeated orange crab monsters and red crab monsters to their hearts content.

Later…

After they had gotten their frustration out and felt done with monster hunting for the moment, decided to fly back to the group, eat some orange and red crab, and try to have fun while enemies lay among us.

Whilst Hazel was flying, they noticed their status from the corner of their eye.

Hazel Axeny has leveled up. They are now level 2.
Hazel has unlocked the shapeshift(orange crab) ability.
Hazel has unlocked the shapeshift(red crab) ability.
Hazel has unlocked the hard shell ability.

“Yes!”, they thought, “My first time monster hunting and I’ve already unlocked new skills! I even levelled up!!!”

They then hurried back to join their group just in time for a morning snack before awaiting that day’s camp task.

7 Likes

James was looking around quite content. The whole scene was reminiscent of FreakyCon on steroids. He started making a mental checklist of all recurring characters.

There was the attractive young lady with blue hair who could better be described as a cosplay of herself. Then there was the one dude unsuccessfully hitting on her. “The poor soul. All I ever got out of these conventions was my taste in music” he thought.

There was the bearded man that looked like a History teacher; suspenders, elbow pads and all. He even got that Rodin pose nailed down perfectly.

There was the lab-coat-out-of-context. “Gotta love’em lab coats!”

There was the woman that could turn into a bird (James had seen many a woman being dressed like a bird, but never one who could actually become one, so that’s a first).

And finally, no conference of social outcasts is complete without a proper prepper; a full on camouflage-pants open-carry kevlar-under-the-shirt prepper.

—Wait, is that Butch? Like The Butch. Man!, you’re a legend on Reddit! Can you give me your autograph?—said James, as he awkwardly approached the knife wielding man; he had no concern in his mind for whether Butch’s viral monster-hunting videos had been taken with his consent.

(Edit: sorry, had to change someone’s gender)

8 Likes

"Hey! Back off"

Maze Lander, a young guy with black hair and black eyes walks around trying to avoid everybody

"Any one of us c-could be a soul snatcher so I don’t want you to come to close, g-got it"

He try’s to say it in a confident tone but stutters on a few words and then looks around and mutters to himself

"That girl with the blue hair is gonna be on my watch list, she looks creepy"

He then walks away from the crowd

7 Likes

Late in the afternoon, the pile of old blankets starts to move. A young man with shaggy hair and short beard emerges out of it, several old and new paperback books, some scientific, others pulp fiction, loose pages full of notes and scribbling as well as a tobacco pipe fall out of his coat. A tag on one of his blankets reads “V. Solis, PhD

Shrit.

Soulsnatchers again?

7 Likes

I think we should vote for someone like tomorrow but not anyone for today.

1 Like

It was almost lunch time…

Hazel Axeny had just finished her chore…

It was her day to wash the clothes. She gathered everyone’s clothes that needed washing and brought them all down to the bog. She had to get the clothes wet and add some soap to them. Later, when she brought the clothes back, another adventurer who could use wind magic would dry them. Hazel couldn’t quite use those types magic yet though.

It came the time to leave…

Soon it was time for all of the adventurers to leave this camp and get on the road. Someone had already made soup for the road, and if they didn’t leave soon, they would go off track on their plan and fall behind schedule. They had to get going.

OOC(well sorta): Hazel got going to sleep. Good Night everyone!

5 Likes

Kayo S. had sat by herself, only watching the others and taking mental notes. What a strange group of people they were! Sure, Kayo loved the unusual and was somewhat adventurous, always open for something new, but she didn’t feel fully comfortable here. So far, she had no idea who of them might be a soulsnatcher. It was probably best to wait and gather more information.

The tall young woman with a brown ponytail and green eyes was well prepared - or so she had thought before she learned about the soulsnatchers. She wore grey-and-blue work clothes, had a backpack, and various tools were attached to her belt.

Uhm… @Sapphire ? Could you, I mean, after we get rid of the soulsnatchers and stuff, could you draw up some kind of certificate for me? I’ll need it for my college. To prove that I did community service. I mean… this does count as community service, right?

she looks around and smiles
If anybody needs something repaired, I’ll give my best!
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Butch let out a grunt and starting carving the wood almost imperceptibly more forcefully. Clingy teenagers was about the only thing on this planet he disliked more than the monsters—human and supernatural—he hunted. Moreover, he had no idea what his “other gref” was, but he assumed it was his other knife.

Bless yore heart, kid, but ah ain’t givin’ ye nothin’.

6 Likes

Virgil smells on his shabby wooly coat, now freshly cleaned for the first time in decades. He wonders how the woman who washed it managed to get out the blood stains. Now it smells like … Berries? Feeling his pockets, he discovers much to his chagrin that the smell probably came from the colourful goop that used to be a bag of Jellybabies.

5 Likes

I just leveled up , I unlocked phuemnetic boosters , totem and luck fifty.

She stares at the kid.

What are you talking about?

5 Likes

Hey, babe @KAOSkonfused, what’s a girl like you doin’ in a place like this? Better I stay close to you, these cavemen are not suitable spectacle for these beautiful eyes.

2 Likes

So, I take it @Haze_with_a_Z is the witch and nobody contradicts that. Cool.

1 Like

Where’d you get that from?

2 Likes