Werewolf Games Planning and Prep G5!

Another idea for a setting:

It’s the 1960s and we play as a secretive and eclectic mix of New Age hippies and UFO obsessives, living in a remote commune deep in rural America. However, the community has been infiltrated by alien lifeforms, cloaking themselves in human appearance…

2 Likes

I like that general idea, but the evils could just be serial killers that have infiltrated the cult instead of aliens, which we just had.

Somehow it made me think of this

2 Likes

What about a setting in the Age of Sail?

Picture this: a British merchant ship is en route to China to sell its cargo of opium in exchange for porcelain, silk, and spices. Alas! The wind has died and for nigh on a month the vessel has been drifting aimlessly in the confusion of currents that lace through the islands of the East Indies. An oppressive gloom hangs over the officers and crew alike, stifled under the muggy silence of the still summer air.

And then, the corpse was found, crushed and tangled into the sail-winch: as if caught in metamorphosis, his skin was malformed by patches of silver scales, translucent webbing stretching between his fingers. A bloodied and shaking lad tells of how the monstrous figure set upon him as he was inspecting the sailcloth, and only by the grace of fortune was he able to cast the assailant over a coil of tarred rope and into the winch-gears.

Yet, only the night thereafter was a stevedore discovered lying on the deck, his skull coved in from behind; and the night after that, the surgeon’s apprentice was murdered, a great tear across his chest spewing his organs onto the planks – a iron boothook, all fouled o’er with gore, cast dismissively atop him. With no end to the killings in sight, the captain summoned together such as he chose and, together, they resolved to uncover the fishmen and put them to death.

4 Likes

Great idea, I like that setting!
Would you like to be the game master?

2 Likes

Sure, that’d be fun.

2 Likes

Well, if I’m going to GM I’ll need a survey of who’s playing, right?

Roll-call wikipost?

1 Like

@Haze_with_a_Z @Gia @yebellz

This thread’s been up for a month, can we just get on with it?

Is the issue that we don’t have enough players?

I asked for a wikipost so that people can sign themselves up, since I lost my Regular status again.

3 Likes

I don’t have time to play in the next round. Initially, I had volunteered to host as game master for the next one, but I will happily let you take over, since I don’t really want to take on another responsibility right now.

I was hesitant about starting the game, since it seems that we didn’t have many signed up, and then we had a few drop out.

This thread is a wiki, please add your name to the list below if you want to play

1. @bugcat (GM)
  2. @Vsotvep
  3. @KAOSkonfused
  4. @Haze_with_a_Z
  5. @HHG
  6. @kingkaio
  7. @seanp
  8. @李建澔2
6 Likes

It is? I can’t edit it.

Edit: Okay now I can

3 Likes

Press the Edit button (pencil on paper) on the bottom right.

2 Likes

What do you think about the number of players? Is seven going to be enough?

What we could do is slow down the mortality rate by introducing defensive roles like a doctor, or letting each player use an alertness buff once per game to avoid fatal attack.

1 Like

I think we need about double that.Also a few defensive roles could be healing bomber basically a bomber except instead of killing them new make it so that u can’t kill it.Boxer a bit like bodyguards but the person who tried to kill him and the boxer will each have a 50% chance to die by dice.(actually ten)Battle healer, he heals the person he votes for to make them have a 60% sheild(roll a dice six out of the ten numbers will make him stay alive if killed.Sheild rolled given my the discobot himself but this time random.org (I hope I got the link right)will go to a number generate from one to ten if odd=will die even=will stay alive(activates onlyif killed.Grand warden, gives spells(pls post spells ideas)like heal spell.Gives away a spell by his choice to a person by his choice,

1 Like

So, when do we want to run? Tomorrow? Later? Let me know so we have time to bash out the ruleset, which we’ll be using with the Age of Sail setting.

1 Like

How about:

1. Bash out the ruleset,
  2. we discuss that for a day and
  3. then start the game?
4 Likes

yebellz: How about we bash out the rule set, discuss how long to discuss discussing it for a day, and then discuss the ruleset for that long, and then play.

3 Likes

The “we” in that sentence makes me feel like I’m being voluntold to draft the rules.

Why stop there, it can be discussions all the way down!

1 Like

How about:

1. We discuss for a day who bashes out the ruleset,
  2. bash out the ruleset,
  3. discuss how long to discuss discussing it for a day,
  4. discuss the ruleset for that long and
  5. then start the game?
4 Likes

As someone who only played one werewolf game, I’m not really sure what the subjects of discussion should be.

1 Like

You’re not alone I haven’t played any.

I don’t think we should discuss too much. People can make suggestions, but the game master should decide about the rules for this game.
I liked how Vsotvep did that with the last game.

3 Likes