Werewolf Go Game 1

Nobody seems to be eager to find out who the rebels are. Probably because many of you are rebels, so you don’t need to find out. But I am hungry for knowledge, so I’ll settle at K11.

3 Likes

I’ve taken the liberty to fix the visible colours according to yebellz’ proposal, and added them to the first post as reference.

current visible board position:

visible_colours Round_6

Next to play is @Gia.

2 Likes

I miss my court of advisors, but some things one has to do on their own.

I have a thing for stars, so L11.

@MystWalker you’re next.

2 Likes

This must be what Mars at the head of the Charioteer was trying to tell me. Now who is symbolizing Mars and who is symbolizing the Charioteer?
Anyway I do appreciate our common quest for knowledge and testing our liberties will give us some insights. Do you have a plan how to proceed?

By the way I owe an apology to all of you. I’ve recently claimed that no one has insights on their potential neighbors yet, but I’ve learned this is not true, so let me be more precise. Nobody knows whom they can trust, it is only the rebels who know some of those whom they can’t trust. I deeply regret missing that earlier.

4 Likes

I am no rebel, so by securing a corner, I create a stronger base for us law-abiding settlers. Not securing the corner could’ve allowed a rebel to take it instead, which would without a doubt have weakened our position in the long run.

4 Likes

@MystWalker this is a reminder that it is your turn. Current visible board position:

visible_colours Round_7

4 Likes

Maybe a more efficient way (from an information gathering perspective) to test for rebels is for players to build ponnuki shapes all of the same color, that others can throw into to test.

2 Likes

My guess:
It might be efficient for information gathering, but probably too inefficient for the goal of gaining territory.

1 Like

I believe the best strategy is to have each just occupy their own colour, assuming their neighbours are enemies. When it turns out that a group doesn’t die when expected, we get information, but playing horribly just to find out who is who will sacrifice too many moves and allow any ambitious noble to get a proper foothold.

We have no use for knowing who the rebels are if we sacrifice the ability to win the game for it.

5 Likes

I’m starting to think the spy should reveal themself. We might get multiple peoply who claim to be a spy, but from that the settlers will at least be able to conclude anyone doing that is either the spy or a rebel. So the settlers (in the same team as the spy) would gain some information, while the rebels would gain nothing from it. Am I wrong? If so, please point it out. Otherwise, dear spy, tell us who you are!

2 Likes

You may be right. But if I were a rebel, I would surely say exactly that. It’s tricky …

2 Likes

I am the spy

I was considering that earlier, but felt uncertain. However, it seems that the information we gain is worth more than losing the opportunity to confuse the rebels. Anyways the rebels are still confused by the existence of the amnesiac.

5 Likes

Ah, I mis-read the rules about what the rebels know. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I tend to believe you about being the spy for multiple reasons. I also tend to believe Gia is a Settler (or the Amnesiac - can’t even rule that out for myself).

3 Likes

OOT

Disclaimer: I am completely confused about the rules.

For example, I thought the spy was working with the rebels and pretending to be one of us. :woman_shrugging:

I am a settler, but for some reason I too believe I’m the Amnesiac…

4 Likes

Given you speak the truth, doesn’t that reveal as much information to the settlers as to the rebels?

4 Likes

If anybody has questions about the rules, please feel free to ask me publicly or in your secret private message thread with me.

3 Likes

It does, but since the rebels have more information to start with it might still be a good move. I’m sure our mathematician will find a flaw in that thought, but I don’t trust him anyway. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe you’re right. Let’s hope the Viscount speaks the truth and is the real spy. It would be confusing, if he was a rebel trying to fool the settlers and the real spy stayed silent to fool the rebels.

But who’s the mathematician?

3 Likes

Vsotvep tends to bring up tediously and admirably detailed mathematical proofs, so I meant him.

4 Likes

I think it’s a terrible idea for a regular settler to claim to be the Spy. The spy is a unique innocent position, and my revelation gives a chance to prove my status as a settler or (if it prompts a false claim by a rebel), we learn that either me or the other claimer is a rebel.

2 Likes