What Are Your Favourite Childhood Video Games?

Yes a really good series of games. :smile:

1 Like

Uhm … I spent HOURS AND HOURS with it but I don’t remember ever finishing it.
Just to be sure we’re talking about the same Hex since there seems to be another game with the same name, here’s a gameplay video of the game I mean:

2 Likes

IMPOSSIBLE! I’ve aged twenty years in the past two years :stuck_out_tongue:

And later … Age of Empires … I most loved v. 2, IIRC, later versions got more “perfect” on the surface but somehow they bored me, the feeling was gone.

Age of Mythology! for OS X … AWESOME! Especially LAN parties were a lot of fun … I was 45 meanwhile (in 2002), an elderly child :smiley:

6 Likes

Arcade Games…

1 Like

That’s the one :slight_smile: Although that guy is terrible at it.

3 Likes

Who are interested in these type of game
Like Gemollection 2

Video games didn’t exist when I was a child. I was graduated from college when Pong came out.

4 Likes

Atari 2600:

• Asteroids
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • River Raid

C64:

• Pirates!
  • Archon
  • Iternational Soccer
  • Elite
  • Kaiser
  • Fugger
  • Pitstop 2
  • Summer Games
  • Winter Games
  • Trucker
  • Frogger
  • Apocalypse Now

PC:

• UFO Enemy Unknown
  • Oolite
  • TripleA - Total World War
  • Orion
3 Likes

I loved so many games growing up, but my top favorites will always be these.

1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Super Mario World 64
  4. YuGiOh Duelist of the Roses
  5. YuGiOh Capsule Coloseum
  6. Pokémon Silver Version
  7. Duck Hunt
  8. Final Fantasy X
  9. Mario Tennis
  10. Ace Combat
3 Likes

Nice on the Yugioh Capsule Monster Colosseum underated game.

1 Like
Forgive me, can’t resist some slight Off-Topic
3 Likes

Archon! That’s the other one I was trying to remember - Marble Madness vintaage.

1 Like

Oh and anyone remember The Incredible Machines? :smiley:

3 Likes

UFO Enemy Unknown (actually I still play this today from time to time)
Sim City 2000
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3
Star Craft
Diablo
Diablo 2

3 Likes

Not long before the first PCs began showing up in my business, I encountered a game on a TRS-80 (4K of RAM!!!). Apple Panic. Doesn’t anyone remember Apple Panic?

1 Like

Wolfenstein 3D (the original on a 80286 computer). Doom on a 80486, couple years after that.

Sokoban (I’ve seen ports of it on just about every computing platform I’ve ever used)

Spike on the Vectrex. Vectrex was already way out of date when I played it but the game was very fun and it was nice to think how far the programmers had gone out of their way to make the damn console talk.

At the arcades: Daytona USA and the original Time Crisis. It’s terrifying how much money I sunk into these.

2 Likes

I remember my best friend did buy a nice computer then, only to play age of empire and then diablo II

At that time I did play the Sims, civilization, SimCity and Baldur’s Gate.

All these games looks far too old now but I still enjoy some coming a bit later like Sims 2, blitzkrieg, patrician3&4,TDU2…

3 Likes

I didnt have too many games as a kid bevause i was child 2 of four.

I got games when i was older… lile in collage. But i did habe a game boy so thst was something except my brother horded all the good games for himself.

So…

Tetrus
Pokemon blue
Pokemon yellow

Monster hunter freedom2
Monster hunter freedom unite

Fable
Fable 2

Starwars knights of the old republic.
Starwars jedi academy
Lego starwars

Dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 2 and 3
Naruto the broken bonds

And thats pretty much every game i played untill the age of 18.

4 Likes

RIP Flash ;__; I have a lot of nostalgia for those old browser games. That category included most of my potential responses to this thread – Flash games had unparalleled variety in genre and level of sophistication.

In offline games, I have a soft spot for The Sims 2 (2004) and the Finding Nemo game (2003).

Also a lot of the early Wii titles: Wii Sports (2006) Wii Play (Tanks, ofc) (2006), Mario Kart Wii (2008), and lastly New Super Mario Bros Wii (2009).

I also can’t forget Minecraft, especially Minecraft Beta videos on Youtube ca. 2011–12, and later playing Hunger Games server maps and MineZ.

3 Likes

I have fond memories of the original Bloons (2007).

The Bloons franchise began as a series of archery Flash games, before developing into the current succession of increasingly advanced tower defence releases.

4 Likes