Why do you not play?

The way this is phrased suggests it’s about ranked games on OGS vs unranked games or ranked games on other servers. So this answer may not really be relevant… but…

I haven’t been playing much at all, ranked/unranked, OGS or anywhere. Basically ever since last year’s Western Server Challenge. Maybe I got burnt out but at the end of that month I was feeling excited to continue to play regularly at a slower pace. But then I just… didn’t. And then some personal things happened and months of no playing just piled up.

I have a lot of other hobbies and I play a lot of other games, and that often competes with time to play go. But let’s be honest none of those are truly as fulfilling is the experience of go (well, maybe one game gets close)

Asides from the obvious answers like “become independently wealthy and never have to work” I think I would play more on OGS (ranked or unranked) if I had a regular opportunity to play in person. Because if I was going to frequent a meetup I would want to be more comfortable playing than I am now, so playing some games online would help. It’s actually something I’m working on for the new year

5 Likes