Wishlist: OGS Tech Blog

So. I know this is fairly cheeky given how hard @anoek and co have been working lately - “do more for our entertainment!”. But it sounds like v5 has been produced on the back of a lot of technical innovation, infrastructure and architecture work.

Anecdotally I think a lot of OGS users are technical people. We’d love to hear about this stuff.

(Also war stories about the switchover… those are always great.)

11 Likes

Oh … yeah, I’d definitely LOVE that. Also, something like “best of bloopers” or something :smiley:

5 Likes

Someone “liked” my comment just a minute ago, so…

@anoek and @matburt, it will be a lot harder for you when you will be writing your much-desired autobiography in 2060 because people will want to know more about the beginnings of the Online Go Server that will then span the solar system if you don’t begin blogging NOW :smiley:

<edit> Of course the history thread A short travel through OGS history with more information provided by original founder @topazg should be in the appendix of that autobiography.

(Has there ever been a combined autobiography of two or more people?) </edit>

7 Likes
The things you make me google

Amazon.com
Amazon.com
Amazon.com

6 Likes

I actually wouldn’t mind taking a stab at that, quite a lot has happened. I think @anoek and I should probably sit down and chat about that and come up with the narrative.

It’s actually hard for me to forget when the genesis came about because the first commit landed about a month and a half after my daughter (first child) was born:

13 Likes