Wrong submitted stone bug

First few time I was unsure but now I’m 100% sure that there is a bug.
I’m not 100% sure how to reproduce it.
But here are possible steps:

1. create game where you cannot analyse
  2. you should accept move by pressing button
  3. make few moves so you will have few stones in the history
  4. on your turn put stone somewhere
  5. press left arrow 3 times
  6. press right arrow 2 times
  7. put stone to another point
  8. press accept button
    ta-da: you have accepted move you made on #4 step

I tried this out in beta and could not reproduce your particular problem.

I did however notice that the Submit button shows strange behaviours.
It shows both on the last played move as well as on the not-yet-played move. Since you cannot see what you are submitting when the board shows the actual current position, I’d say that the button should be available in the latter case only.

When it is not your move, the string “[White|Black] to move” is shown to fit the currently displayed position, i.e. if you go back in history to a position where it is black’s move, it will say “Black to move” and vice-versa.
One could argue that the proper behaviour would be to show whose move it is in the actual board position, not whichever past one you are currently viewing. But that is only a minor point.

As long as you have not pre-played (set without submit) your own move, the display correctly says “Your move” on the current turn and “[White|Black] to move” while navigating the game history.

Then when you set the stone (before submit), it displays “Your move” - still correct.

But once that stone is there, navigate anywhere in the history (even back to the current move again) and the only string shown will be “White to move” if you play black, or “Black to move” if you are white. If it is your own colour’s turn in the displayed position, the text will simply disappear until you navigate on.

As I said I’m not 100% sure how to reproduce, but it 100% related to moving through history.
It may be related to this example:

1. prepare similar game as I’ve told above and wait for your turn
  2. put your stone somewhere
  3. press left arrow
  4. put stone to another point
  5. press left arrow
  6. press right arrow
    your stone will appear at point it was on #2 step

Is there any place where I can try it?

ok, so here are the steps to submit wrong stone.
But its not what I was looking for.

1. create game without analyse
  2. put your stone somewhere
  3. press left arrow
  4. put stone to another point
  5. press left arrow
  6. press right arrow
    your stone will appear at point it was on #2 step
  7. press accept
    you’ve just submitted stone you set on $4 step

well, I had a game with analize on, don’t know if I used arrow buttons, but also got a stone submitted in a wrong place

I haven’t had this bug with ‘analyze on’, but I had it several times with ‘analyze off’.

In current release it’s impossible to use arrows in the tree. You put some random stone on the board instead (bug is only tablet-related) :frowning: