WSC: Western (Server Challenge) Social Club

If you are invested in your games, 3 can be exhaustimg.

2 Likes

To reach 100 without blitzing, i started a bunch of corr games. I can’t really control how many will finish in time, but i hope enough to lower that 3/day live games average. Started earlier but some are finished already, i don’t take care to delay the last moves to end beginning march. I completed to 50 corr. games today but i won’t start more and keep my energy and time for live games coming very soon.

My way doesn’t apply for the ones who aim at top places, i’d say simply go play and play, run 20 games a day… Myself I’ll be happy to reach 100 (not sure at all)

I think the smart idea might be activity interpolation.

You play a game, you watch a youtube video, you play a game, you chill on twitch, you play a game, you read a wikipedia page, you play a game…

Variants: play a game, listen to the teacher, play a game, listen to the teacher, play a game, change classroom… (let you plan the worker schedule)

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s not enough if you want to win

Winning is not a realistic/desirable goal for most people.

It sounds like @bugcat’s goal is rather to play 100 games in march.

For me personally, even 100 games would be unhealthy :grin:

8 Likes

You forgot “post on the forum” among interpolation activities. Unless it was already implicitly included.

2 Likes

Sometimes I do that during the game… ^^

5 Likes

Tuesday, March 1, 2022 12:00 AM

Start of the WSC.

1 Like

I didn’t play yesterday, and I only played one game the day before.

I’ll probably play a few today.

I think my current pace is closer to 75 / month, or even 65, than 100.

1 Like

I’m going to go for 100 Live Games. 5 games a day M-F, weekends off, with some other floating “holidays”. I’ll probably start with Fischer time 5m +15s increment, no max. I expect my rank/rating to drop from 4 kyu, which is a sacrifice. Play for endurance, which means actually not thinking too hard to avoid burnout.

Realistically, I expect to fail, based on my previous attempts at things like this. But I have to try again. To give up before trying would be failure indeed, amirite. Come on, Aumpa, you can do it.

2 Likes

Yes, you can :slight_smile:

I have not yet decided on my goal, but I would like to have one. Maybe I’ll go for 1000 again. Or more. I don’t know.

1 Like

I didn’t know that this month only has 28 days =w=

I hope we’ve all benefited from this run up.

I think my strategy will be to play

• at least 3 games day
  • at least 15 from Monday to Thursday
  • at least 24 per calendar week

That should bring me in at 100 games, and two days early at that.

Suppose I play the minimum permitted games per day. The week then works out as so:

Mon: 3
Tue: 3
Wed: 3
Thu: 6
Fri: 3
Sat: 3
Sun: 3

Monday to Wednesday is the key: if I can push myself a bit through then, I won’t have to be strained on Thursday. And if I slack in Mon–Wed, Thursday will become a dump day in which I’ll play blitz and not bother reviewing.

And if I do come up short on Thursday, the leftover games will roll over to Friday.

3 Likes

Reminder

2022-03-01T00:00:00Z

1 Like

Tomorrow, I’ll retitle the thread to something like WSC encouragement thread.

I suppose the official WSC thread and the WSC discussion thread should be left for conversation about how the WSC works, not about how well (or poorly) we’re doing.

1 Like

I discovered that playing “blitz” (10s) simultaneously (Clossius has confirmed that it’s possible) is not difficult, it does not deteriorate performance too much and it’s fun, I recommend it :slight_smile: I have played 4 live games (2 times 2) so far.

1 Like

The WSC doesn’t start for another 90 mins, though, because Clossius specified that UTC was the governing timezone.

1 Like

Ah, ok, my bad. Last minute training :smiley:
I confused my +1 with -1 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Italian coffee lets you save two hours?

2 Likes

Mah, I usually go to bed very late :sweat_smile:

However, another thing I’m curious to try is how many games with 1m+5x10 I can hold at the same time. I think 4 is very difficult, you also have to change tab