WSC: Western (Server Challenge) Social Club

40 minutes until start!

Hey everyone, had a good sleep?

3 Likes

gogogogogogogogo!

It has Started!

2 Likes

Just off to sleep now, good night everybody! :grin:

(although I’m up early tomorrow to get on a six-hour train ride, perhaps if I have good internet I can get a game or two in)

1 Like

3 games at the same time is not too difficult, I did not consider that the opponent does not play immediately.
I finished 10 live games in 50 minutes, which makes me think that 100 games in 24 hours could be “easy” (but I’m not trying it now)

Are you human? :thinking:

2 Likes

I often ask myself that. And not only me: I had to specify that I’m not a bot on my profile :sweat_smile:

Btw, 24 live games and 6 correspondence games finished so far. But soon I’ll go to sleep

3 Likes

30 games in 4 hours… there must be some law against that :sweat_smile: GG

2 Likes

Actually in 3 :sweat_smile:
With live games it seems like it’s possible to maintain 10 games per hour. Maybe a little more if I start playing 4 (or 5?) games simultaneously, I did 2 or 3 only today.
With correspondence I don’t know but I imagine it takes less because you don’t have to wait for your opponent’s move. Approximately 3 hours per day to reach 1000, it seems. I’ve done it before but it’s still “scary”

3 Likes

If anyone wants to play in the next couple of hours, let me know!

(I have a custom challenge open right now, but I suspect this is not the best time to find an opponent…)

Nope, Europe and America are both asleep lol… Australians get home from work in the next hour or so though… might be a small peak then before America starts waking up

There are still a bunch of players around

Some Americans are up late thankfully :grin:

2 Likes

Pull me a pint of the 10%, barkeep!

My run hasn’t started well…

I was up 15-25 points for almost the whole game, then instead of playing safe I allowed the X ko to develop. Even then I could’ve controlled the damage by connecting with atari and defending with S9, but I decided to invest further with T8.

Ended up losing by eleven.

1 Like

9 games, more as i expected
Edit: 15 finally for first day. (Without blitzing)

3 Likes

On track with 12 so far, I am really wondering how far I’ll get. I am also still a bit confused about the rank divisions. I am currently on 3k, but I can imagine my rank will drop if I continue at this pace. Does the initial/final rating count, or is it the majority of the month?

The majority of the month. I played some games as a 3k+, but I think correspondence will keep me in the 4-9k range.

I think I’ve played six games already today. That gives me enough slack to not have to play more than three games on any day of the rest of the week, if I don’t want to.

4 Likes

I just reached 100 (about 50-50).
If you think 100 in a month is impossible, remember that it can be done in a day :stuck_out_tongue:

(I’ll slow down a bit now, I hope)

10 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing. Congratulations!

3 Likes