WSC: Western (Server Challenge) Social Club

I played 3 tonight and 1 last night that I think will count, so on track for now to just play around 100… but I think I’ll try to sneak a quick game in during lunch tomorrow because I’m realizing how many games this is :face_with_spiral_eyes: much more than I usually play

I’m in awe of how you blitzers do it, I played one game today with 15min+3x15sec and realized 15 seconds is a bit too fast for me to be comfy

2 Likes

I got my three games in today, if you count the “psychological blow” against the 7k that I posted in the Sino-Tibetan formations thread. Though I’m not sure that will be counted.

I might play a couple more, or not.

I think my pace has actually been milder than it needed to be.

I’m tempted to make a try for the top ten, since I’m already at #18. I expected to be way down the list with only ten games.

Right now the top fifty baseline is at a mere six.

Looks like my goals are evolving to:

1. Play 100 games
  2. Keep pace with @Groin
  3. Get into the top ten
2 Likes

Probably I can’t :rofl:

3 Likes

In the last four hours, the top fifty line moved to seven games.

I’m done for the night, sitting at #13-14 on 14 games.

3 Likes

Wow I’m in fourth, that was unexpected!

4 Likes

Decaff is taking a huge tall on my rank. Can’t have a game without a blunder. Not sure if I should even continue at this point before my insomnia fades away and I can return to coffee again.

Top fifty line at eight games. It’s a bit below hundred pace, but comparable.

3 Likes

I’ve now joined late. Trying to see where I can get with correspondence only without having started any for this event in February. Nowhere near 100 I think,

Anyone interested in getting additional corrrespondenca games in, send me a challenge. Also happy to accept handicap challenges (giving or taking).

2 Likes

The top 25 baseline is at eighteen games. Technically seventeen, but eighteen is more practically accurate.

The (exactly) top fifty baseline is at twelve games.

The (almost exactly) top hundred baseline is at five games.

2 Likes

I’m down, real life catched me, I still hope to get the 100 done (opened a bunch of corr games more.)

2 Likes

Fifty line up to thirteen games. My advice is that if you want to stay on hundred pace, consider first making sure you’re in the top fifty.

2 Likes

Nothing exceptional and results perhaps a little disappointing, but I’m glad I managed to play these (slow) games at the same time
immagine
300 today, probably

I’m a little less sure I’ll stay in the 4-9k division, by the way.

I just realized that apparently correspondence doesnt weigh in on the OGS rank (questionmark). At least I lost about 10 games on time tonight and my rank didn’t move.

It’s not that. Correspondence games normally count, but if you have a timeout losing streak they don’t

Cohort Games Baseline
Top 10 50
Top 25 22
100 pace 16
Top 50 15
Top 100 6

Currently 192 of the 247 participants have played at least one game, 162 have played at least two, and 135 have played at least three.

It’s been my observation that the top fifty baseline stays approximately equal to hundred pace. So if you want a means of staying on track for a hundred games, just make sure you’re in the top fifty.

5 Likes

How many participants achieved the 100-game mark last year?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Starting the daily grind. I’m going to begin by trying to catch Clossius, who’s four games ahead of me on #17.

4 Likes

I’ve decided that I want to reach at least 100 rengos, but it’s a bit more difficult to start games :frowning:

1 Like