Yet another go user interface (gtp client)

Hello,

besides having fun playing on OGS, i am currently developing a go gtp client.
Maybe some fellow nerd would like to follow the development:

Feel free to ask any question you might have,
yours kodi

4 Likes

gtp client?

1 Like

GTP (Go Text Protocol) is a protocol that allows computer go playing programs (called ā€œenginesā€) to communicate with other programs.

5 Likes

Thanks Groin for answering that for me :blush:

Right now, my little pet project is comparable to

A platform independent (electron) app that handles go games between any combination of programs and humans.

4 Likes

Ambitious project! Nice to offer more choices.
Good luck and fun in doing that!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!
But it is actually not that ambitious :wink:
It is comparable from a technology and category point of view, but I donā€™t expect or plan to get it to that level (feature wise).
I am just having fun making my own UIs for stuff that interests me at the moment.

4 Likes

I spent some time tweaking the board texture for my little project and maybe someone might want to try it out:

(just put this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/monsterkodi/go/main/img/board.png in the custom board field in the top right corner popup of OGS)

It has quite a high resolution and looks very nice on my 4k display. Maybe you like it as well.

2 Likes

Canā€™t use the link sorry but thatā€™s should be on my side (firewall).
Anyway, maybe you can contribute in this thread if itā€™s a board texture?

1 Like

done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Howdy, I looked at the repo yesterday and noticed there isnā€™t a license on it. Any chance youā€™d be interested in adding one? Totally up to you, but I assume since the repo is public you might be intending this to be open source.

Adding a license allows other folks to fork and/or contribute without worrying about copyright issues :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s a website that helps pick one out if youā€™re interested: https://choosealicense.com/

2 Likes

Btw what is .kode and .noon file? Iā€™ve never seen those extensions!

2 Likes

All my stuff on Github is licensed under the ā€˜Unlicenseā€™ license as mentioned in the package.json.
It is the closest one to what we called Public Domain back in the days:

https://unlicense.org/

4 Likes

kode is my programming language (derived from coffeescript) and noon is my object notation (json replacement). You can find both projects linked on my project page, if interested.

You have never seen those extensions before, because i am the only one using them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woah cool! Iā€™ll check it out!

The one thing I worry is that folks (aka me :sweat_smile:, but also automated stuff like GitHub) will look for an explicit LICENSE file in the root directory. But good to know itā€™s unlicense!

2 Likes

I would like to show(-off) some progress i made in the recent days:

On the left you can see a list of my active games on OGS.
The thingy on the right is my take on a variation tree.

Everything still WIP, but I am quite proud of how far I got already.

2 Likes

I feel like showing off again :blush:

I worked the last week or so on my own score estimator. The second attempt does roughly what i want and I really like the look of it. It sometimes disagrees with the OGS estimator, but that is probably to be expected. But most of the time they are in roughly the same ballpark.

2 Likes

what engine is that? Kata?

1 Like

Itā€™s my own algorithm. Itā€™s quite simple, but pretty effective. I can explain it to you if you are really interested. It is definitely nowhere near what katago does, just an heuristic.

1 Like

Ooh I see. I saw the different sized squares and jumped to AI heh. Iā€™ll PM u!

1 Like

I think there was/is some interest in a potentially new or updated score estimator algorithm for OGS.

There was a long discussion following the recent update in this thread

1 Like