You know you are a Go addict when …

When a cheating scandal in the chess world doesn’t interest you.

4 Likes

When mobile keyboard gives you ogf usernames as suggestions for the most random typos.

11 Likes

When it makes you happy to see that people who had stopped playing have started playing again.

(welcome back to the void :evil laugh:)

6 Likes

You know you are a Go addict when your reaction to

is “tell me what that limit is and I’ll prove that you’re wrong”.

(Of course @yebellz is right)

4 Likes

Hmm… correspondence looks for around 1 move per day, and and there are 16 hours in a day. Blitz players can easily hit 720 moves per hour (5s per move).

So I’m thinking the limit is somewhere in the ballpark of 10k? @_Sofiam you’re going to have to up your numbers! :yum:

(Of course there is still the question of whether someone can do nothing but Go Simuls for 200 days straight…)

This seems slow :stuck_out_tongue: I think I average less than 3s per move, less than 2 if I try to be quick.

With slow settings you don’t have to play one move in every game every day. And the new cycling order helps a lot (I didn’t have it wheh I was at 1500!)

I think 10k is humanly doable.

3 Likes

10k seems physically possible, but I can’t imagine anybody would do that without being forced to do so, or being paid handsomely.

3 Likes

I am seriously thinking of doing that. There must be something wrong with me.

4 Likes

Another problem is that 10000 games is about 2/5 of the total number of games on OGS at this moment, so basically each correspondence player on the site needs to also agree to add 40% more correspondence games all against Sofiam, it’d not be just a challenge for you, or rather, the challenge would be to get the games.

4 Likes

Challenge accepted. I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it and I don’t want to delete my current rengo challenges that will probably make it harder. Let’s see. Maybe 5k is more reasonable.
Challenge failed before really starting. I resign.

7 Likes

That’s brave! :heart:

I challenge you to get below 400 games. :wink:

11 Likes

When I ask how to get to Shodan

5 Likes

Accepted :slight_smile: I had managed it before I went away this summer. Now I have almost only tournament games and rengos.

You know you are a Go addict when getting below 400 games is challenging for you.

8 Likes

I missed this conversation at the time but I would strongly argue that the discarding of such a challenge before it gets into motion is a success, not a failure.

Any good Go player needs to be able to balance priorities, not just respond locally to a position (or challenge) because it is perceived as being sente.

13 Likes

ykyaga when, upon coming across this acronym for the first time, your first intuition is that the second half stands for American Go Association. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

11 Likes

… you twist stones in your head, regard situations on an imagined board and play both sides, while talking to friends, looking into their faces … all at the same time.

2 Likes

… You read “monkey jump - shoulder hit”.

14 Likes

you become a go streamer

3 Likes

When you watch go streamers more than news broadcasters.

3 Likes