You know you are a Go addict when …

When you wonder if the Moon is a Go stone. After enough contemplation you conclude it isn’t and feel disappointed whenever you look at it.

13 Likes

Well, you know, it’s closer to being a go stone than being a round of cheese.

10 Likes

Eh… both white Go stones and cheese are animal products, the moon isn’t.

6 Likes

just realised why Go is so awesome… vegans can’t play :joy:

8 Likes

Wait wot? Cause some are made with clam shell? Just buy the cheap ones. Plywood, plastic and enamel. Blasphemous, right?

…The Go stones on my computer screen are only made up of pixels.

Just a trailer:

nvm, I deleted it.

8 Likes

imo there is a niche for white stones made out of limestone.
The most expensive thing is a mid-range Go set is the clamshell, after all.

8 Likes

Somehow I was liking too much and then I was impatiently hitting the like button too much.

2 Likes

…you play with dried navy and black beans.

4 Likes

You know you’re a Go (forum) addict when you have to scroll down to see all your morning notifications.

12 Likes

Well, I just get too many posts on the same thread. I don’t even bother scrolling through notifcations.

5 Likes

… you just unconsciously picked up a guitar pick from the floor, and slapped it on the table like it was a go stone.

13 Likes

BTW, it is exactly this reason why I’m going to get rid of my awesome Shell & Slate stones. Also, meanwhile I prefer the haptic feeling of my Yunzi stones a lot over the S&S stones, and it simply feels much cleaner, of course, than playing with parts of murdered animals.

We’re playing a game currently, right? Now I wonder even more who of us is going to win it :grin:

11 Likes

I’d be happy to take those murdered animals off your hands for you :slight_smile: you’re giving them away for free, right? Surely you wouldn’t want to profit off murder :wink: I’ll even pay postage to help you “dispose” of them

13 Likes

That is very kingly of you. I found a dead rat on my front porch this morning. Where do I send this carcass to? What is it you omnivores say? “Dems good eats!”, right? :smirk:

10 Likes
9 Likes

LOL, very noble offer, thanks :smiley: but honestly, I’d like to sell them off for most I can get … I’d like to donate the proceeds to a Go association in a very poor country that does a lot for the kids there.

See, you’re a Go addict already, right? And they … not so much. I wants more Go addicts :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Why don’t you donate the set itself? They can either have it as a good set (it could be pretty inspiring imho) or sell it in an event and get lots of money and maybe reputation.

5 Likes

That movie already knew that “contact” would give you “germs”, hence all the hand shaking and high fives are done at distance.

Somehow a science fiction idea of the '90 which turned relevant in 2020.

3 Likes

Well, good idea, thanks, I should ask my contact whether this may make sense … but it is a real poor country, and I don’t imagine somebody there to purchase a set of stones worth 400 €. Also, it might be a bit too tempting, if you understand … Plus it would cost me the shipping of two sets, which is quite a lot. So I’d rather sell them in Germany than ship them to that island country, and send the money via “cable”.

But I’ll definitely ask. THANKS!

6 Likes

…Whenever you see Tic-tac-toe board, you think “Man! people play Go with X’s and O’s?”

8 Likes